Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birkendorff Pipes

Hello all,
    About 10 years ago there was a German gentleman located in Iowa who sold very well made and authentic Victorian era pipes, pouches, and other smoking items. I believe his name was Mr. Birkendorf...The nice thing about him was that not only was he superb with his customer service, but he took pains to use packing and packaging materials when shipping, so that when your package arrived it was like receiving one from the past. Even the address was written in beautiful 19th century penmanship, using India ink. Does anyone know what happened to him? Is he still in business? Thanks.
    Last edited by Secesh; 01-27-2009, 12:35 PM.
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Re: Birkendorff Pipes

I think you're referring to this vendor:

Benckendorf Pipes
    P.O. Box 30062
    Des Moines, IA 50310

I don't know if he's still in business, but I hope the above information helps!

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
    Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Re: Birkendorff Pipes

Thanks Mark! That is the gentleman.
      Tom "Mingo" Machingo
      Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
      Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
      Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
      KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Working...
      X