• History Channel Lincoln

Thought this might be of some interest.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Re: History Channel Lincoln

“Stealing Lincoln’s Body”
    Featuring Studio Macbeth’s Virtual Abraham Lincoln

Is Obama on the program?
    Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
    Terry Pratchett

Comment

Here is a link to the preview. The few seconds of the CGI Lincoln are pretty amazing. It's him!

Comment

Nah... the actor they hired to play Lincoln looks kinda farby...:p

I nearly crapped my britches when I saw the few screen shots of this Lincoln on TV at night. Totally awesome...:D

'Course my ancestor really didn't think so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Lloyd

Yep, he was totally in kahoots with the South according to my family rumor.

Creepy... amazing. Nice to see history as it was for a change.

All the best- Johnny Lloyd
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Looks like a show worth watching on History Channel for a change.
          [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Woah, you mean the History Channel is showing history? All through the preview, I kept expecting the body-snatchers to jump into their UFOs with Lincoln's body.

This one looks like it might be worth a peek!
            [I][COLOR="Navy"]Amber L. Clark[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Hey thats on my birthday, well I am going to have to steal Lincolns body so then people will come to my party. HAHA. Yeah history on the history channel what a concept, next it will be music videos on MTV, what a country.
              Thomas J. Alleman
              "If the choice be mine, I chose to march." LOR

Comment

I had the privledge to be a part the making of the "Digital Lincoln" with studio macbeth up in Kingston, NY(i'm the strapping young officer with the sword on his shoulder in the promo photo) The promo photos alone show the effort that studio macbeth put into recreating lincoln. Can't wait for the Show
                Last edited by orngblsm; 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM.
                Ryan McIntyre
                124th New York State Volunteers
                Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
                Joseph H. Johnston
                March 16th 1863
                Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
                Henry M Howell
                March 8 1863
                In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

Re: History Channel Lincoln New Clip

Folks,

A terrific new clip that shows how they did it. Very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by orngblsm View Post
                    I had the privledge to be a part the making of the "Digital Lincoln" with studio macbeth up in Kingston, NY(i'm the strapping young officer with the sword on his shoulder in the promo photo) The promo photos alone show the effort that studio macbeth put into recreating lincoln. Can't wait for the Show
                    Ryan,

Did they use an actor with the same bodily proportions as Lincoln and superimpose Lincon's face? Amazing stuff, just curious to know how they did it!

Comment

They used probably the best Lincoln impersonator that I've ever seen. His first name was Fitz, last name escapes me right now. I believe he has an ad in CCG. The man is definitely a serious student of Lincoln and just a wealth of knowledge about the man. He used hair pieces and prosthetics to get a very accurate Lincoln look. Standing right next to him I didn't even realize he was wearing all the extra facial pieces. His suit and hat was also made to the exact specifications of one of Lincoln's suits. I would classify him as a hardcore Lincoln impersonator, definitely leagues above the average "reenactment Lincoln". In all of the shots that's his body with the digital Lincoln head attached.
                      Ryan McIntyre

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
                      Joseph H. Johnston
                      March 16th 1863
                      Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
                      Henry M Howell
                      March 8 1863
                      In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

Was it perhaps Fritz Klein? I've seen him two or three times in person, and, yes, he's the best I've ever seen. He REALLY researches his stuff, and he can reach out to an audience like you wouldn't believe.
                        [I][COLOR="Navy"]Amber L. Clark[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Mr Fritz Klein has done something astonishing. I feel as if through his interpretation,I hear the living, breathing Lincoln. I wish I could find this gentlemans rendition of the Gettysburg Address.

Brent Conner
                          Brent Conner

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yep...Fritz Klein was the name i was looking for
                            Ryan McIntyre

Joseph H. Johnston
                            March 16th 1863
                            Camp Convalescent

Henry M Howell
                            March 8 1863
                            In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

American Experience (PBS) is going to have a show on the Lincoln Assassination Monday night. It starts 8:00 central time.
                              Here is the

Looks good.
                              Nathan Hellwig
                              AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                              "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Working...
                              X