Colt revolving rifle reproduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt revolving rifle reproduction

This is a whole page from Gunbroker showing something I never knew existed, a Colt rifle repro. When were these made?
    S.Sullivan

Smart Search

Home | Account |
    For Sellers | For Buyers | My Auctions |
    Forums/Want Ads | Sign Out | Help | Use Version 4

Last Viewed Item: 122202725 New Users How do I buy How do I sell Sell your Item Register - It's Free!

Top > Firearms (Collectible) > Black Powder / Muzzle loading Sell your item here

(Colt Replica) Revoler Riffle Carbine Auction # 122301740

Current Bid $799.01 No Reserve! Started at $799.01
    Quantity 1 # of bids 1 Bid History
    Time left 2 Days, 8 Hours +
    15 minute rule Location ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401
    ANNE ARUNDEL County
    Started 2/4/2009 8:51:03 PM ET (This is a 7 day auction)
    Ends On or After 2/11/2009 8:51:03 PM ET (Official Auction Time)

Seller SHOWACRE27 A+(7)
    View the feedback of this seller | View seller's other auctions | Ask seller a question

High bidder always sharps A+(11)

Add this listing to your watch list
    Mail this listing to a friend

Payment Methods Money Order / Certified Check, Personal Check, See Item Description
    Sales Tax Seller did not specify whether or not sales tax will be collected
    Shipping Buyer pays fixed amount of $35.00 for shipping, No International Shipments, See Item Description
    Inspection Period / Return Policy See Item Description
    Item Condition Factory New

Seller Tools Use our Tools for Sellers page to modify this listing, add to the description, close this auction, relist this item, submit feedback, and otherwise manage your listings.
    Useful links: End this Auction | Problem with a Buyer? | Non Paying Bidder Report

The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing. You must contact the seller to resolve any questions or concerns before placing a bid. Payment must be made U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise stated in the listing. Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder). Some listed items may not be legal in every state. Click here for details on how to complete your purchase within the law.

Description for Item # 122301740

This gun has never been fired. It is a revolver riffle. I believe that colt originaly manufactured them I am listing it for $200 less than the purchase price. I am also listing it as new. I am selling it as a no reserve. Check out all my no reserve auctions. I am selling 1/2 of mine and my late grandfathers guns.
    [Information added 02/04/2009 8:59:38 PM]
    This is made by Palmetto.

Pictures for Item # 122301740

1:
    2:
    3:
    4:

Place a bid for Item # 122301740
    (Colt Replica) Revoler Riffle Carbine

BID
    Current Bid: $799.01
    Bid Increment: $5.00
    Minimum Bid: $804.01

Maximum Bid:

Autobid bids on your behalf up to your maximum.

( Enter only numbers and use a decimal point (.) if necessary. Do not include any currency symbols ($) or commas. For example, to bid $1,050.25 enter: 1050.25 )
    AutoBid will bid on your behalf up to your Maximum Bid which is kept secret from other users. AutoBid is our bidding proxy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer (FFL Holder) - If you are not a licensed dealer, you must make arrangements with a dealer in your state to receive the firearm and transfer it to you. We maintain a list of transfer dealers willing to do transfers.
    Your bid is a contract - Do not place a bid unless you are going to purchase the item. Contact the seller and ask questions BEFORE you place a bid. Ask what the seller's return policy and inspection period is, and ask for an estimated shipping cost BEFORE you place any bids. If you are the winning bidder, you will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller.
    Once you become the Winner of the Auction:
    WITHIN 5 DAYS of the end of the auction you must contact the Seller and request payment instructions from the Seller.
    WITHIN 14 DAYS of the end of the auction, you must send FULL PAYMENT to the Seller, and ensure your FFL (if required) sends their signed copy of their Firearms License to the Seller
    If you do not complete these transactions in the prescribed timeframes you will lose your rights as the Winner of the auction, and the Seller may file a NON PAYING BIDDER (NPB) report against your Account. NPB status can result in SUSPENSION of your privileges to use GunBroker.com.

How to Bid
    1. Register to bid - if you are not already registered here. It's fast and free!

2. Check out the seller - review feedback comments left by other users who have dealt with this seller.

3. Know what you are bidding on - read the item description and payment & shipping terms closely.

4. Contact the seller SHOWACRE27 and resolve any questions before bidding! Bids cannot be retracted once placed.

5. Know the law - firearms may only be shipped to a licensed dealer. Some items may not be legal in all states or areas.

6. Place your bid!

Our Buyer's Protection protects you from fraud.

Make Money with our Affiliate Program Get your Item Appraised Take our Site Survey Free Stuff for Licensed Dealers Join our Banner Exchange

GunBroker.com - The Web's Largest Hunting and Sport Shooting Auction™
    Copyright © 1999-2009 GB Investments, Inc. "GunBroker.com", the bullet logo, and "The Bidding Starts Now" are registered trademarks of GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
    Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Site Map
    (WEB1)

Re: Colt revolving rifle reproduction

Hallo!

I lost track, so someone else will need to chime in.
    IIRC, 2000ish- 2002ish?

The Italians offered the Colt Root M1855 "revolving rifle" in .44 six shot, and the "Berdan types" were eager and hopefull for their .56 five shot military version.

IIRC... they started out at $900 or $950, but the Euro rise/Dollar fall pushed that to $1250.

Almost immediately, in our modern "law suit" culture- it fell victim to the potential of the original's potential flaw... cone end induced multiple discharges putting rounds through the shooter's forearm.

Sellers tried to minimize this by saying they should only be fired with the trigger bow in the cup of one's palm so that nothing was in front of the cylinder.

After sluggish sales, and the fears of sellers being sued, they started to appear in sale flyers and then disappeared.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Re: Colt revolving rifle reproduction

They are still available on Dixie's website for $1600 in .44 Cal. By Palmetto Italy
      Robert W. Hughes
      Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Inf.
      Thrasher Mess
      Operation Iraqi Freedom II 2004-2005
      ENG Brigade, 1st Cavalry Div. "1st Team!"
      Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
      And I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Working...
      X