Happy 200th Mr. Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy 200th Mr. Lincoln

I posted this photo of Anna Hyatt Huntington's Equestrian Statue titled "On the Circuit" last year on his birthday, one of several copies, this one stands in Lincoln City Oregon. One also stands in Syracuse NY at the College of Enviromental Science and Forestry. I thought about placing a a wreath under it for his 200th and now wish I had.
    Bill O'Dea
    Salt Boiler mess / 122nd NY

Comment

And here I was caught up in the honoring of Charles Darwin's 200th Birthday today. I plum forgot they wore born on the same day...
      Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
      1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
      Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

Im celebrating by reading all the articles on Lincoln at www.Chroniclesmagazine.org I already received the February issue and loved every article in it about Lincoln. A definite must read for a true Lincoln scholar.
        Gregory Randazzo

Gawdawful Mess http://www.gawdawfulmess.com
        John Brizzay Mess
        SkillyGalee Mess
        http://skillygalee-mess.blogspot.com/

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

“These people delight to destroy the weak and those who can make no defense; it suits them.” R.E. Lee referring to the Federal Army.

Comment

Being currently laid-off, I was able to spend part of the day reading some speeches by and essays about Mr. Lincoln. The new President visited our area and spoke of Lincoln in his various speeches.
          Jim Schwass

5th Ky. Inf Co. B., 1st Illinois Artillery, Cheney's Battery F., {Retired}

Comment

HI!

Happy Birthday Mr. Lincoln. In honor of the Mr. Lincoln's Birthday, the state of NJ has off. So, I was engrossed in Lincoln documentries.

Jill
            Jill A. Pierson
            [email]Chesnutmor@aol.com[/email] and [email]jillpierson@yahoo.com[/email]
            "....It is history that teaches us to hope."
            Robert E. Lee

Comment

I just had a newsletter from Ancestry.com (I think they're hoping I'll subscribe.) Access to the Lincoln letter collection is free, and it looks fairly extensive:
              Becky Morgan

Comment

Working...
              X