Vermont infantry soldier's blanket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont infantry soldier's blanket...

Things like this will never cease to amaze me...
    Attached Files

Re: Vermont infantry soldier's blanket...

From eBay by the way.

Description

This is a Great, Rare, Early blanket. This wonderful Old piece has a Great, Early design, with the Classic, Union Army stripes, is unmarked, measures approx. 62" x 82", was found in the William Kreyling estate, along with period Civil War letters & documents, we believe is an Original, Period Civil War infantry soldiers blanket and would be a wonderful addition to any collection.

William Kreyling of Dummerston, VT served in the Union Army, VT Vols., spent most of the war in Newport News, Virginia and this comes direct from the family estate.

This appears to be in Good, Crisp, Clean overall condition. There are a few small holes, but this is otherwise in Excellent, Like-New condition. This displays MUCH better than the picture shows.

Sold: $125.38
    John Pillers
    Looking for images/accounts of 7th through 12th Ill. Inf. regiments from April 1861 - April 1862

'We're putting the band back together'

Comment

Personally, I'd love an original "like-new" condition Federal issue blanket! :tounge_sm

Comment

Wow.....for a mere 25 dollars you can get a PERFECT replica of this blanket, blue stripes and all...

...So close I doubt you could tell them apart...
        David Stone

Comment

Personally, I'm holding out for a U.S. issue "Bull-side" canteen with the confederate gray wool cover..... as per the originals, of course, just like the blanket. (Just hope it has the little chain holes drilled in BOTH upper straps, so I can carry it slung on either the left or the right hand side.)

Rich Croxton
          Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Working...
          X