Scipt I buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scipt I buttons

Now that Ben Tart is out of the picture for a while where does one go for good quality Scipt I buttons? Any ideas fellers?

thanks in advance

Ronnie - Shreveport
    Ronnie Hull
    Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
    Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
    Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
    2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
    Before the Breakout September 10-12

Re: Scipt I buttons

Ben Tart is out of the picture? News to me, just saw him yesterday when he was talking about increasing his stock. What am I missing?
    Spence Waldron~
    Coffee cooler

"Straggled out and did not catch up."

Comment

Spence,
      Did you tell Ben to quit talking and get back down in the cave and back to work?
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Pat, you have to give the man some "BBQ time".

(On another note, a friend of mine just returned from Biloxi. He says you can hardly see Beauvoir for the construction trailers.)
        Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

well, what can I say? I have tried to contact Ben and can't get him on the phone, his web site is not updated anymore and I had heard he was taking a break, which all of us need on occasion.

I shall renew m y efforts to get in touch with Ben. And speaking of, my son purchased some mighty fine wool from him at Gettysburg in '08, gave it to Sheri at Galla Rock, and only recently, a year later, got the pants. They are bully. She did a wondeful job, but we had to threaten a law suit to get them LOL.. Ben's material is, well.. simply out of this world..

Did someone mention Bar B Que?

Ronnie
          Ronnie Hull
          Shreveport, La

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

Comment

I'll give him a nudge. Right now he's pretty distracted with The Depot, the new G'burg shop (behind O'Rourke's). We're planning on going up there again this weekend so will have plenty of time to talk.

And he loves working down in that cave--it's full or original Confederate uniforms! Keeps him out of trouble. Understandably distracted, but out of trouble.
            Spence Waldron~
            Coffee cooler

"Straggled out and did not catch up."

Comment

well thanks Spence. I know he must be very busy. Tell him that material he sold my son turned out GREAT, and we surely do thank him.

When will he be turning out some more of that fine sumac dyed jean and logwood dyed jean? I would sure buy 5 or 10 yards of each.

thanks

Ronnie
              Ronnie Hull
              Shreveport, La

Comment

Oh that cave . . . what wonderful treasures it holds. ;)
                -Seth Harr

Liberty Rifles
                93rd New York Coffee Cooler
                [I]
                "One of the questions that troubled me was whether I would ever be able to eat hardtack again. I knew the chances were against me. If I could not I was just as good as out of the service"[/I]
                [B]-Robert S. Camberlain, 64th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry[/B]

Comment

Well, it seems the forum concensus is that Ben is still in business. I own several of his products and enjoy his work. But the fact remains that I cannot get ahold of him either.
                  Does anyone know if "The Depot" has any of Ben's buttons in stock?
                  Luke Gilly
                  Breckinridge Greys
                  Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Originally posted by lukegilly13 View Post
                    Does anyone know if "The Depot" has any of Ben's buttons in stock?
                    They sure don't.

Regards,
                    -Seth Harr

Liberty Rifles
                    93rd New York Coffee Cooler
                    [I]
                    "One of the questions that troubled me was whether I would ever be able to eat hardtack again. I knew the chances were against me. If I could not I was just as good as out of the service"[/I]
                    [B]-Robert S. Camberlain, 64th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry[/B]

Comment

Spence,
                      I missed you a couple a Fridays ago! Ben said you were up in NY doing something or other w/family. I had a great time down in the cave! and storage cave too! Unfortunaetly the Armory was locked up. I guess that will be another day!

you don't happen to have any of these lying around that I can have, do ya?:wink_smil

some of the 2nd pics would do too!:) I have a few more of those Chinese dollars for payment!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Prodical Reb; 07-20-2009, 10:23 PM.
                      [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                      Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                      Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                      Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                      The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I had contacted Ben about those a few weeks ago. He will have some in The Depot after the first weekend of August. $1.75 each.
                        Paul Boccadoro
                        Liberty Rifles

“Costumes are just lies that you wear.” –Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                        X