CCI "reenactor" caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCI "reenactor" caps

Has anyone tried out the CCI "reenactor" caps yet? Just wanting to see if they are any good!

Thanks!
    Andrew Gale

21st Arkansas Vol. Inf. Co. H
    Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
    Affiliated Conscripts Mess

Cpl. George Washington Pennington, 171st Penn. Co. K
    Mustered into service: Aug. 27, 1862
    Captured: Spottsylvania Court House, Virginia, May 12, 1864
    Died: Andersonville Prison, Georgia, Sept. 13, 1864
    sigpic

Re: CCI "reenactor" caps

I definitly prefer them. They do have a bit more of a bang. Definitly helpful when using a springfield. I just bought a couple packs the other day and they have chaged from 6 wings to the 4 wing style. Never once had one break apart and cut me or anyone else, as the myth says they do.

Thats My take,
    Ryan McIntyre
    124th New York State Volunteers
    Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
    Joseph H. Johnston
    March 16th 1863
    Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
    Henry M Howell
    March 8 1863
    In camp Near Falmouth

Comment

I haven't tried them personally myself. I know they are louder than german caps and people say they are alittle "hotter". Any cap has the possibility of flying apart I guess but it seems more common with CCI's. One of my pards was cut in the ear by someone next to him shooting one. Alot of units discourage their use or flat out ban them.

I use the No. 11 CCI's without wings in my revolver and they do fine and have no problem.
      Captain Andy Witt
      52nd Geo Vol Inf Co I CSA
      Blue Ridge Mess

http://www.52ndgeorgia.webs.com

Comment

I assume you are referring to the new caps CCI has made that are copper four wing caps. I spoke to a rep. from CCI/Federal on Friday. She said that they are waiting to get DOT approval to ship the caps out. According to her they have a wharehouse full waiting to be shipped out and they will be sent to distributors then to retailers. According to the rep. they will be about 1/2 the cost of the Dynamit nobel percussion caps and they made these new caps due to the complaints they received about their 6 wing caps splintering. She said they will be on the market as soon as the DOT approves the shipping.
        Rob Walker
        Co. H
        119th NYSV
        Old Bethpage Village Restoration

Old Bethpage Village Restoration and Castle Williams on Governors Island safe for now. Thank you to everyone for your help!!

"There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness"

Comment

I have had 6-wing CCI caps fragment, shooting copper splinters into my left hand. This usually happens more when live-firing, but they're tiny little slivers and sting like heck. By the end of the day the palm of my left hand is dotted with little splinters. It's certainly not a myth that they can, and do, splinter and fragment. I've never once had this issue with German caps.

My unit has been waiting the better part of a year to get the new 4-wing CCI caps. Sent several e-mails to them, and the response has always been "soon". They've been waiting on DOT for several months already.
          Brett Gibbons
          3rd Rgt. C.S. Engineers, Co. E.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! Like all of you, I've also been waiting forever for them to come out, but I didnt realize they hadnt even be distributed yet! I guess we get to wait some more!
            Andrew Gale

21st Arkansas Vol. Inf. Co. H
            Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
            Affiliated Conscripts Mess

Cpl. George Washington Pennington, 171st Penn. Co. K
            Mustered into service: Aug. 27, 1862
            Captured: Spottsylvania Court House, Virginia, May 12, 1864
            Died: Andersonville Prison, Georgia, Sept. 13, 1864
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X