TheBEST man who ever lived....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TheBEST man who ever lived....

My mother passed away unexpectedly in 1995. I will tell you that dealing with this gets easier over time, although the feeling of loss is never forgotten.

The best way we can honor and remember them is to live our lives by the examples they set for us, and teach our children to do the same.

Best wishes,
    Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys, it means a great deal.
      [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
      -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

My family and I pray for you and yours. I lost my Grandpa way back in 1990, yet his loss is with me daily. He too was a man of many trades and skills. Always a lesson to learn. Time will heal your wounds brother.
        [B][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Sergeant [I][I][/I][/I]M. F. Boughner[/FONT][I][/I][/SIZE][/B]
        [SIZE="1"][I]Descendant of:
        1st Lieut. William A. Summerow,Co.H 52nd NCV
        Corp. Henry M. Summerow, Co.H 52nd NCV
        Pvt. David F. Summerow, Co.H 52nd NCV
        Pvt. John M. Boughner III,Co.E 116th OVI
        Pvt. John Martin Boughner I, Continental Line, 1st Penn. Regt.[/I][/SIZE]

Comment

Nick,

Thought of my Grandfather who was also Veteran of 1st Infantry Division on D-Day in the same way you do. My Brother, a Veteran, My Nephew a Veteran,and myself were Color Guards at his funeral.

I am not unable to give you any personal words of sympathy. Be grateful for two things:

-Don't be sorry that a man like this died, be grateful that a man like this lived.
          -Don't forget about the mirror, look into it, he is still there Dude.

Comment

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care my friend.

John A. Miller
            John A. Miller, Director
            Monterey Pass Battlefield Park

Comment

To all,

Thanks for all the support, kind words, and expression of sympathy you have shown me during my time of grief. Being in Fire/EMS & Emergency Medicine for 13 years, death is not an event that I am not accustomed to, and frequently bear witness to more than I wish to. I am thankful and blessed to have known such a great man, mentor, and grandfather.

On behalf of myself and my family, we thank you all for the continued support after this sudden death of my Grandfather. It is great news to know that the brotherhood that I came into 20 years ago still exists and God willing, will remain forever.

God Bless!
              [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
              -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
              X