Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBEST man who ever lived....

To all,

My grandfather passed away this recent Tuesday, and it has been especially hard to bear. He taught me everything! He was a Mason, a Knight's Templar, a Shriner, U.S. Air Force Veteran, U.S. Navy Veteran, Boy Scouts of America Sponsor and past member-Cub Scout, Webelo, Boy Scout, and Eagle Scout., U.S. Olympic Rifle Team Sponsor, and Lifetime NRA Member, etc... I don't know ho to deal with it. I really need my friends and family right now.

To my Grandfather and Teacher:
    R.I.P. Harry H. Kreglo
    Descendant of George Kreglo
    2nd Va. Infantry, Stonewall Brigade
    [B][SIZE="3"]N.E. Miller[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="2"][B][CENTER][I]"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts"
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero[/I][/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Re: TheBEST man who ever lived....

Nick, you grandfather sounds like one of the best of men. I'm sure he was a friend to all those who knew him and even to people such as myself who have not had the pleasure of meeting him. I've had to encounter death quite often in my line of work and I know its never easy to deal with. All things end, but you must remember that to enjoy life you must LIVE life and not just EXIST through life and I bet you're Grandfather lived it to the fullest.

My Deepest Sympathy,
    Steven Flibotte
    Steven Flibotte
    Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
    Confederate Marines Company C./Marine Guard USS Galena
    Tidewater Maritime Living History Association

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family over your loss :(
      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Nick,

Sorry for your loss. Find comfort in the contribution he made to this society, and the nation...as well as that if you could see where he is now, you would want to be there too.
        Galen Wagner
        Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

So sorry to hear about the lose of your grandfather. I know it is not easy to bear but the burden does get lighter with time.
          [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
          [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
          [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Nick,
            You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your Grandfather. He sounds like a fine man indeed.
            My father died in 1974. He was a fine man and I was devastated by his loss.
            I can tell you that some of the pain will go away in time. You will never stop missing him though.
            Tom Dodson
            Tom Dodson

Comment

Sir, I am sorry for the bereavement to you and yours at this time. Please know our thoughts and prayers will be of strength along with heartfelt hopes for healing and peace.

Respectfully,
              Mel and Marie Hadden
              Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
              Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
              Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
              www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Nick,

I am very sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your family. How very LUCKY you are to have had such a great person in your life!

Kind Regards,
                John Wickett
                Former Carpetbagger
                Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

You wouldn't be grieving so if you hadn't been very, very lucky to know him. It won't stop aching, and you won't stop missing him, but in time you'll find yourself using something he taught you and the memory will warm your heart so the ache is buried in pride. I'll pray that comes soon for you.
                  Becky Morgan

Comment

Nick,

I am sorry for your lose. I lost a good friend and Brother this past week in a tragic accident. I think we can best honor them by following in their footsteps and trying to emulate all the light that they brought to others.
                    PATRICK CRADDOCK
                    Prometheus No. 851
                    Franklin, Tennessee
                    Widows' Sons Mess
                    www.craftsmansapron.com

Aut Bibat Aut Abeat

Can't fix stupid... Johnny Lloyd

Comment

It gladdens my heart to know such a man lived among us and gave what he did. Though I didn't know him, I will take his life as an example for my own and for others to whom I have the honor of instructing, including my own children.

Godspeed.
                      Bob Muehleisen
                      Furious Five
                      Cin, O.

Comment

Your grandfather sounds like a one-of-a kind person. My prayers and condolences for your loss are with you and your family.

God Bless
                        Andrew Gale

21st Arkansas Vol. Inf. Co. H
                        Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
                        Affiliated Conscripts Mess

Cpl. George Washington Pennington, 171st Penn. Co. K
                        Mustered into service: Aug. 27, 1862
                        Captured: Spottsylvania Court House, Virginia, May 12, 1864
                        Died: Andersonville Prison, Georgia, Sept. 13, 1864
                        sigpic

Comment

He sounds like a heck of a guy. As his grandson, its up to you to carry on, just as he would have. You'll make it, you come from good stock.

You and your family have a place in my prayers.
                          Ron Mueller
                          Illinois
                          New Madrid Guards

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?
                          Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
                          Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I am sorry for your loss, sir. He must have been a fine person. The great creator has called him forth to come home to heaven, but his memory will live on in people like you.

May the Lord be with you and yours in this time of need.

All the best-Johnny Lloyd
                            Johnny Lloyd
                            John "Johnny" Lloyd
                            Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                            SCAR
                            Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                            Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                            Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                            Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Nick,

I am very sorry that your grandfather died. My belief is that his passing will make you a stronger man. Your commitment to fire/rescue and public safety is a tribute to him. God bless your family.

Fergus
                              Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
                              Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X