History Detective's Sherman's march route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Detective's Sherman's march route

http://video.pbs.org/video/1237365939, will this change the map of Sherman's march?
    Thomas J. Alleman
    "If the choice be mine, I chose to march." LOR

Re: History Detective's Sherman's march route

Y'know, it's nice to see that Clay Aiken has such an interest in history.
    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Nice story.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Paul Hadley
      Paul Hadley

Comment

Very cool Tom
        Frank Perkin

Comment

Thomas:

Very interesting find.

Kace
          Kevin 'Kace' Christensen
          7th & 30th Missouri Volunteers

Comment

Great research! Really Cool!
            Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Outstanding. Modern technology helping correct historical misinterpretation. Lets hope they keep up the good work.

Kent Dorr
              "Devils Own Mess"

Comment

Great episode and the girl doing the detective work was easy on the eyes which was an added bonus!:wink_smil
                [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Anyone else catch that the lady said "Confederate commander Robert E. Lee surrendered at Appomattox Court House in Northern Virginia." Errata folks: Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia in SOUTHERN Virginia.

Anyway, this was pretty cool (glad the website allowed me to watch it).
                  Sincerely,
                  Emmanuel Dabney
                  Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
                  http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

I watched this on the web site first then watched it on PBS locally. FWIW, if you caught the web version it was the same that aired last night on PBS's "History Detectives"!
                    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
                    Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
                    [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
                    Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
                    Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
                    The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuel Dabney View Post
                      Anyone else catch that the lady said "Confederate commander Robert E. Lee surrendered at Appomattox Court House in Northern Virginia." Errata folks: Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia in SOUTHERN Virginia.

Anyway, this was pretty cool (glad the website allowed me to watch it).
                      Also (sorry for the nitpickiness), did you notice this line? The narrator says in the first minute or two, "In less than 12 hours, Sherman's men will cross the river and bring destuction to the birthplace of the SUCCESSIONIST South?"
                      Joe Marti

...and yes, I did use the search function...

Comment

Originally posted by mtvernon View Post
                        Also (sorry for the nitpickiness), did you notice this line? The narrator says in the first minute or two, "In less than 12 hours, Sherman's men will cross the river and bring destuction to the birthplace of the SUCCESSIONIST South?"
                        I hate it when I hear that word as it used in place of secession. I also found myself watching most of the other episodes on the PBS site.
                        [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Working...
                        X