New Starbucks comercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Starbucks comercial

Sorry, but I fail to see the connection between Civil War soldiers and coffee....
    Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

They could be SAG people.
      Dave Warringer Crpl
      Member Squatting Bullfrog Mess
      124th NYSV Orange Blossoms
      "Squat, my Bullfrogs."
      In Memory of Rufus Warringer
      20th NYS Militia Co B
      Killed at Antietum Sept 17, 1862

Comment

Originally posted by PetePaolillo View Post
        If you can't laugh at yourself than who can you laugh at?

The other guy?
        [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U]Ken Pettengale[/U][/I][/B][/FONT]
        [I]Volunteer Company, UK[/I]

"You may not like what you see, but do not on that account fall into the error of trying to adjust it to suit your own vision of what it ought to have been."
        -- [I][B]George MacDonald Fraser[/B][/I]

Comment

Did anyone other than me notice that the "Reb" who is running into the scene looks like he just sharted? Perhaps he had TOO much coffee? They should have shown him running into a portajohn in the middle of camp - THAT would have been funny, and typical of a dog & pony show . . .
          Mark A. Pflum
          Redleg and unemployed History Teacher
          Member:
          CMH
          AHA
          Phi Alpha Theta (MU XI Chapter)

Comment

Originally posted by btfire
            Where did they find those guys at? Homeless on the streets of Seattle?
            Don't be knocking the homeless of Seattle. I've learned a thing or two about campagning from watching the homeless folks encamped outside Seattle's county court house. The official name is City Hall Park, but we refer to it as Muscatel Meadows.

The goofiness in that funny commercial is not too far off from what I've seen in local reenacting.

As for that instant coffee, Seattle has been a test market since early this year. I had one those tubes on me when I went to Piney Woods. I admit for all to see that I tossed it into my haversack just for the heck of it. Sure came in handy at one of our water stops when there wasn't enough time to boil coffee. I just dumped it in and drank it. Offered it around to some folks who were none the wiser. The water came in green plastic jugs. Didn't think one application of a modern instant coffee would be such a bad thing. Sure beat grinding coffee with my teeth and swirling water around my mouth.

Use of this powdered coffee will certainly improve batches of the black goo which is combined with sweetened condensed milk.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Hallo!

Everything is funny unless you're the one being made fun of.

-Will Rogers

Curt
              They would have slept on steam grates if they had had them Mess
              Curt Schmidt
              In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
              -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
              -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
              -Vastly Ignorant
              -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

I know this is the sinks but why oh why is this being discussed on the AC. Arn't we beyond this folks?!?

As penance IMHO, everyone who posted in this thread must present a well researched and well thought out research article to the AC by Dec 31st. 2 posts = 2 articles. 3 post = 3 articles etc... Get crackalackin!!! :tounge_sm
                Brad Ireland
                Old Line Mess
                4th VA CO. A
                SWB

Comment

I thought it was pretty good humor, especially the fellows taking hits. Not bad, really. And more interesting than just showing some guys standing there drinking coffee. I saw it more as poking fun at guys who'll drop everything for a cup of joe.
                  As far as the authenticity, we're the only ones who notice those things...or care.
                  It's like a car commercial that plays a Led Zepplin song - appealing to a target audience. Maybe we should be flattered that they consider our purchasing power so huge to warrant a bit in a commercial.

- Jay Reid
                  Dreamer42
                  Jay Reid

Comment

Hallo!

Moderator hat on...

There was a time when discussion of modern media were banned from the AC as below the bar and ultimately unproductive as, well, Hollyweird and TV
                    productions are a breed apart and make no sense.

With the reincarnation of the AC Board a few years, the decision was made, to be more "kindler and gentler" if not more playful (my word) in the sinks.

This thread has been reported as below the AC standards, and will be discussed in Modland.

Curt
                    Curt Schmidt
                    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                    -Vastly Ignorant
                    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Post removed.

Had a comment re: "kinder and gentler" but that battle can wait.

(Just wish some were of your caliber, Herr Schmidt! Keep up the good work.)
                      Last edited by Gallinipper; 10-14-2009, 10:56 AM.
                      Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

Working...
                      X