Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Members in the War

I've mainly just researched the branch of my family of my last name,
    my 3x great grandfather was George F Nasworthy of the 3rd Ga Vol Infantry Co. A, Burke Guards ANV. He enlisted in April 1861 and was last listed in the roster Feb. 28 1865 as "on furlough", so I don't know if he didn't make it back in time for the surrender or couldn't get back or maybe after that point the records weren't quite accurate being as how the situation was pretty desperate.

Chad Nasworthy
    Georgia
    Chad Nasworthy

Comment

My great, great, great grandfather Sylvester R. Stephens served in the 22nd Wisconsin. He along with 2 of my great, great grandfather's brothers (Zacharia P. Davis and Joseph J. Davis) also served in the 22nd Wisconsin. All there were from the same town. All 3 were captured by Nathan Bedford Forrest's cavalry at Brentwood, Tennessee. They were all released later. Zacharia and Joseph served in the Atlanta Campaign with the 22nd Wisc. Zacaharia was KIA at Resaca, Georgia and is burried in Chattanooga, Tn.
      Steve Davis

Comment

5 in the 6th Mississippi Infantry
        1 in the 28th Miss Cav
        4 in the 28th NC Infantry
        2 in the 1 st Miss Art.

Comment

My ggg uncle Frederick Kehrwecker served in Company E 31st O.V.I He is buried in Nashville and his brother John served in Company C 96th O.V.I. He is buried in Vicksburg.

If anyone wishes to read theirs and their family’s correspondence during the war you can view it at the following link. http://www2.bgsu.edu/colleges/librar...page43038.html
          Tyler Underwood
          Pawleys Island #409 AFM
          Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	gpa Hendrickson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	224299 "James Madison Hendrickson"

Just like it says below my signature block:
            Paternal Great-grandfather; Francis Marion Brown Pvt Co. D, 29th IL Infantry.
            Maternal Great great-grandfather; James Madison Hendrickson Pvt Co. G 99th IL Infantry, along with his twin brother Thomas Jefferson Hendrickson and another brother, Solomon Hendrickson. All served in the same company of the 99th IL Infantry.
            C. Scott Brown
            Co M 1st MO Light Artillery Turner Brigade
            Camp Commander, SUVCW Sigel Camp #614 Dept. of MO
            Chaplain, SUVCW Dept. of MO
            Treasurer, S. Central MO Civil War Round Table
            Civil War Trust Member

[B]In honor of my paternal Great-grandfather, Pvt. Francis Marion Brown, Co. D, 29th IL Inf[/B] &
            [B]my maternal Great great-grandfather, Pvt. James Madison Hendrickson, along with brothers Pvt. Thomas Jefferson Hendrickson and Pvt. Solomon Hendrickson, all of Co. G, 99th IL Inf[/B]

Comment

Working...
            X