Family Members in the War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Family Members in the War

I had a GR-GR-GR Uncle in the 20th NYSM "Ulster Guard" Co B, Rufus Warringer Killed at Antietum. Two others I'm still trying to figure out Adam H Warringer 96th Reg NYI and George E Unidentified NY.
    Dave Warringer Crpl
    Member Squatting Bullfrog Mess
    124th NYSV Orange Blossoms
    "Squat, my Bullfrogs."
    In Memory of Rufus Warringer
    20th NYS Militia Co B
    Killed at Antietum Sept 17, 1862

Comment

Here's my namesake- on my father's side, John M. Lloyd:

He was my G-G-Grandfather. He never wore a uniform, but he was a Southern Partisan. According to family legend, he lied on the witness stand and said he didn't know John Wilkes Booth and didn't know about the conspiracy...

... but my family heard otherwise. So did Mr. Weichtman obviously... ;)

My mother's family had a "Henry James(?) Simmons" on my maternal grandmother's side that was from Alleghaney County, VA and in the Confederate Army as well as my maternal grandfather's mother (who was a native Carter of Virginia- landed gentry. Robert E. Lee's mother was Ann Carter. So I'm sure there is a connection somewhere there if I tried.)

One of these days I'll get the full story... thanks for the ramble-time. LOL

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd
      Johnny Lloyd
      John "Johnny" Lloyd
      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
      SCAR
      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

My g-g-g grandfather, John L. Tibbetts served in the 19th Mass Vol. Infantry. He enlisted in August of '61, served in Company C. and was wounded in Va. in June of 1862. He later served in the VRC until discharge in 1864.

-Sam Dolan
        Samuel K. Dolan
        1st Texas Infantry
        SUVCW

Comment

The great-great nephew of General Sickles to whom I referred earlier passed away last Sunday. Albert was not only connected to the war; he was a craftsman of rare dedication and talent these days. He used to do public glass cutting demonstrations, and my husband and son never understood why I wanted to watch them: it's only Al, he's always done this...but it never ceased to amaze me when he picked up a glass and, while he was chatting, spun seagulls or roses all over it, or made the kind of deep cuts in crystal only one old Czech master had been around to show him.

He'll be missed.
          Becky Morgan

Comment

My g-g-grandfather James W. Bronson, a private in company I, 8th Michigan Infantry. He was wounded at 2nd Bull Run and eventually discharged due to his wounds.

Bill Witt
            Bill Witt

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Burke View Post
              My Great, Great, Great Grandfather, Pvt. James Swingler Chandler was from Salem, Illinois, and served with the 111th Illinois Volunteer Infantry, Co. H. He participated with the regiment through the entire war and fought hard at Kennesaw, Resaca, Atlanta (just to name a few), and his company was the first to reach the parapet of Ft. McAllister. He suffered greatly from diaahrea during the war, but unfortunately it didn't take him out of the heavy fighting his unit saw.

He was discharged with his unit in 1865 in Washington, and returned to his home in Salem, IL where he married his sweetheart Mary Cooper. Sadly enough, he was killed not too much later in a logging accident when he was in his 30s while working around Salem. He was crippled from the neck down, and still suffered from his chronic diaahrea, which eventually killed him. In his honor, the captain of his company, Cpt. George Castle named the local GAR post after him (J. S. Chandler GAR Post #?).

I'm still trying to figure out his name at enlistment/discharge. Several sources I have seen list various dates as to his birth/enlistment. His enlistment papers state that he was 18 years old at enlistment in Salem. His discharge papers (after 3 years of service) state that he was 18 years old. ;) :D Who knows what the real truth was. I've had some tell me that he was as young as 16 when signing up originally.

I had another ggg grandfather in the 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery, but I don't have nearly as much information on him.

I'm extremely proud of all my ancestors and their sacrafices, that's one of the primary reasons I reenact.
              I also have a 4xg grandfather from Salem Illinios. His name was Hienrich (Henry) Lubke. He served in the 82nd Ill. Volunteer infantry which was a German regiment that fought in the 11th corp in the east and in the 20th corp when transferred to the west. Salem had a huge German community With over 60 families arriving and settling in Salem in 1849. They chose Salem because of the Moravian church that was there.
              Jon Libke
              [COLOR="#8B4513"][FONT=Book Antiqua][I]Descended- Hienrich (Henry) Lubke, 82nd Ill. Vol. Inf. Crpl co. G 11Corp/ 20Corp
              William Burr Curl, 57th Ohio Vol. Inf. Crpl co. K 15Corp
              Charles Anstead, 111th NY Vol. Inf. Sgt co. F 2Corp
              William D Henderson, 14th Indiana Vol. Inf. Pvt co. F 2Corp
              Thomas F Holiday, 1st KY. light Art. Pvt Cobb's Batt. Orphan Brgd
              Benjamin F Holiday, 1st KY. light Art. Pvt Cobb's Batt. Orphan Brgd[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

It's taken a long time to put this list together......

1. Martin, Newton: Co. L, Palmetto (SC) Sharpshooters (Uncle) (Appomattox)
                2. Martin, Berry: Co. L, Palmetto (SC) Sharpshooters (Uncle) (Appomattox)
                3. Martin, William: Co. G, 22nd SCVI, (Uncle) KIA (The Crater)
                4. Martin, Warren: Co. G, 22nd SCVI (Uncle) (Teamster, POW Five Forks)
                5. Mullinax, William C.: Senn’s Co. SC Post Guard (?) (Grandfather)
                6. Mullinax Frances: Co. H 5th TN Mtd. Infantry USA, (Uncle)
                7. Mullinax Jasper: Co. E 2nd SC Rifles (Uncle)
                8. Mullinax William B: Co. E 2nd SC Rifles (Uncle) (Discharged Dec. ’62)
                9. Mullinax Emanuel: Co. I Palmetto (SC) Sharpshooters (KIA Cold Harbor) (Uncle)
                10. Gillespie Jeremiah: Co. D 18th SCVI (Uncle) (POW Five Forks)
                11. Gillespie Paul: Co. D 18th SCVI (Uncle)
                12. Gillespie Albert, Co. D Hampton Legion Mtd. Inf. (Grandfather) (Appomattox)
                13. Smith, Charles W.: Co. G 2nd Batt. SC Reserves (Grandfather)
                14. Kelley Danl. C., Co. D 18th SCVI & Co. D Hampton Legion Mtd. Inf.
                15. Kelley Geo. W. Co. D 18th SCVI (WIA & POW Petersburg Apr. ’65)
                16. Parker, Benjamin: Co. A 60th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                17. Parker, Thomas: Co C 3rd NC Mtd. Inf. USA (Uncle)
                18. Parker, John: Co. C 3rd NC Mtd. Inf. USA (Uncle)
                19. Bowen, Riley: Co. C 3rd NC Mtd. Inf. USA (Uncle)
                20. Guthrie, James: Co A. 29th MS Infantry (Uncle)
                21. Fox, A.M.: Co A 2nd NC Mtd Infantry USA (Grandfather) (PoW DoD, Camp Chase Apr ’64)
                22. Fox, Thomas: Co. H 29th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                23. Fox, James: Co. F 14th NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoW David’s Island NY, Jul ’63)
                24. Roper, Charles: Co. C 5th SC State Reserves (Grandfather)
                25. Roper, Anderson: Co. A 4th Bn SC Cav. & Co. E 2nd SC Rifles (KIA Watchutie.) (Uncle)
                26. Roper, David: Co. A 4th Bn SC Cav. & Co. K 2nd SC Rifles (MW Ft. Harrison) (Uncle)
                27. Walker, H.A: Co. G 22nd SCVI (KIA The Crater) (Uncle)
                28. Walker, M.T.: Co G 22nd SCVI (POW Kinston) (DoD Apr. ’63) (Uncle
                29. Davis, William P.: Co. D 1st SC State Troops (Jr. Reserves) (Grandfather)
                30. Ellis, John W.: Co. E 2nd SC Rifles (Uncle) (WIA& POW Knoxville Nov. ’63)
                31. Ellis, Jessie: Co. I 3rd SC State Reserves (Grandfather)
                32. Ferguson, Thomas: Co. A 3rd SC State Reserves (Grandfather)
                33. Dean, Elias: Co. E 5th MS Cav. (Uncle) (POW Nashville)
                34. Ferguson, Elisha: Co. H 4th SC (Uncle) (DoW Aug, ’61)
                35. Hagood, John H.: 4th SC Inf & Hamptons Legion (Uncle)
                36. Holder, Benjamin: Co. F 1st SC Cav. (Grandfather) (Resigned Oct ’62)
                37. Harvey, James: Co. A 54th NC Inf. (Grandfather) (Sent to work in lead mines)
                38. Beck, George: Co. A 54th NC Inf. (Uncle) (Appomattox)
                39. Tysinger, William: Co. B 48th NC Inf. (Uncle) (WIA Fredricksburg, Invalid Corps)
                40. Beck, William H: Co. G 4th NC Inf. (Uncle) (WIA Seven Pines,)
                41. Hedrick, Cosper: Co. A Hunter’s MO Cav. (Uncle)
                42. Hedrick, George: Co. I 14th NC Inf. (Uncle) WIA (Spot. CH)
                43. Hedrick, Benjamin: Co. B 48th NC Inf. (Uncle) (Paroled Greensboro)
                44. Beck, Andrew: Co. M, 7th Confederate Cavalry (Grandfather)
                45. Hopkins, Anderson : Co. G 6th NC Sr. Res. (Uncle)
                46. Hopkins, James: Co. G 61st NC Inf. (Uncle)
                47. Mills, William: Co. I 7th NC Inf. (Uncle) (Detached as Pioneer)
                48. Baker, Burrell: Co. H 24th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                49. Chamblee, Augustus: Co. H 31st NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoD)
                50. Chamblee, B. Dallas: Co. C 24th NC Inf. (Grandfather) (WIA, Discharged ’62)
                51. Pleasants, Albert: Co. D 1st NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoD Nov. ’61)
                52. Rickard, A.: Co. C 6th NC Sr. Res. (Uncle)
                53. Rickard, Emanuel: Co. B 48th NC Inf. (Uncle) (MIA Sharpsburg)
                54. Rickard, Lewis: Co. B 48th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                55. Rickard, James: Co B 57th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                56. Wrenn, John C.: Co. B 48th NC Infantry (Grandfather) (DoD Jun ’64)
                57. Forshee, George: Co. A 54th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                58. Forshee, Joseph: Co I 14th NC Inf. (Uncle) (Appomattox)
                59. Forshee, Kearney: Co I 14th NC Inf. (Uncle)
                60. Forshee, William: Co. I 14th NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoW, POW Jun ’64)
                61. Cross, Burgess: Co. A 42nd NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoD Nov. ’62)
                62. Cross, Henry: Co I 42nd NC Inf. (Uncle) (DoD Mar ’62)
                63. Smith, Lemuel: Co. E 44th NC Infantry (Uncle) (POW Bristoe Station) (DoD)
                64. McDonald, William: Co. H 26th NC Inf. (Grandfather) (WIA Bristoe Station)

DoD= Died of Disease
                DoW= Died of Wounds
                POW= Prisoner of War
                WIA= Wounded in Action

Will MacDonald

Comment

My two closest ancestors in the war, gt-gt-grandfather and a gt-gt-gt uncle, were in a unique unit - the only Kentucky unit in the ANV. They were part of the Blackburn Guards, a company of Kentuckians that was travelling to VA in the summer of 1861. There weren't enough of them to be mustered in as a full company, so they joined with a group of men from Drew County, Arkansas, and the two groups eventually became Company H, Third Arkansas Infantry.

The Kentuckians of the Blackburn Guards served in Lee's Army through the war, though there was only one of them left to surrender at Appomattox. My gt-gt-gt-uncle was wounded and captured at Sharpsburg, and my gt-gt-grandfather was wounded and captured at Gettysburg.

Some more info about the Blackburn Guards and their involvement at Sharpsburg is at Antietam on the Web http://antietam.aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=438
                  Greg Walden

Comment

My 3x great Grandfather, Isaac Newton Larimer, enlisted in Company K 35th Illinois Volunteer Infantry in August 1861. He was 33. According to the family history (he had been interviewed before he died in 1910) he was captured at Pea Ridge in March 1862 and held for 30 days before escaping and returning to the regiment. He continued serving until at Missionary Ridge on 25 Nov 1863 he was shot in the face during the assault. I have a transcribed copy of a disability statement from his commanding officer (Captain Nelson Staats) where he states the round "entered under his right eye and exited under his left ear" and apparently cost him the sight in his right eye, his sense of smell, "blistered his palate", and cost him the hearing in his left ear. According to the family history he was left for dead on the field and when a burial party reached him he began moving and they took him to a hospital. He apparently stayed there until rejoining the Regiment in May 1864, and was promoted to 2nd Sergeant, mustering out in Sept. 1864 at 36 years of age. I'd love to get a possible hospital location at Chattanooga for him...

I have a picture of him taken I believe around the turn of the century. Very thin fellow, full head of gray hair, long beard, and obviously injured. Scar running down his face from his eye and just about where the bullet exited he has no beard.

I show my students his picture during out Civil War studies and we have a discussion about the postwar experiences of the soldiers; it is an excellent discussion starter. When I am having a particularly difficult day for whatever reason I look at his image and remind myself I come from sterner stuff than most, and believe it or not it helps.

Alexander Vasquez
                    Late of Co. C, 15 IA

Comment

DIRECT CIVIL WAR ANCESTORS
                      Reuben Henderson Morgan-great-great-grandfather: Scott County Militia (CSA, VA). His son Reuben Clinton Morgan married Maud Ellen Franklin, d/o Bird Franklin.

Bird Franklin-great-great-grandfather: On 5/21/1864 he mustered into "C" Co. KY 65th Infantry (enrolled militia) Union. He was Mustered Out on 6/21/1864. (Source- Report of the Adjutant General of the State of Kentucky.)

Armstrong Abbott—gg-grandfather: On 9/21/1864 he was drafted into "A" Co. IN 59th Infantry
                      He was Mustered Out on 5/8/1865

Too many Collaterals to list them all. Here's a few,
                      64th Virginia (Mounted) Infantry/Cavalry
                      George Washington Hickam-nephew of great-great-great-grandmother Mary Hickam (m. Robert Morgan-parents of Reuben Henderson Morgan)
                      Solomon Frazier, Jr.-nephew of great-great-grandmother (Sarah) Henrietta Frazier (m. Reuben Henderson Morgan). (Scott County militia)
                      Daniel Frazier—nephew of great-great-great-grandfather Solomon Frazier (Henrietta’s father) (Also 5th US Volunteer Infantry
                      Robert Preston Spencer (1st Cousin)—Chaplain. (also, 25th Va. Cav..)
                      James F. Spencer (2d Cousin—son of Robert P. Spencer) (21st Va.—predecessor to 64th)
                      James H. Head (need to verify exact relationship)
                      James Monroe Dykes (1st Cousin—nephew of ggg-grandmother Mary Polly Dykes)
                      Ewell Henderson Quillen (Abner’s brother) (also 48th Va.)
                      Thomas Quillen (Abner’s brother) (21st Va.—predecessor to 64th)
                      Martin Beverly Fugate (2d cousin by marriage)-Capt. Co. E

VA 25th Cavalry
                      Emanuel J. Hickam (1st Cousin—GW’s brother)
                      William Hickam (another brother)
                      Joseph Hickam (brother of GW and Emanuel)—Cpl (also 48th Va.)
                      James C. Franklin (gg-uncle)
                      Thomas Henry Franklin (1st cousin)
                      Henry Frazier (1st Cousin)
                      Silas Frazier (1st Cousin)
                      Marion Livingston—2d cousin
                      Squire Livingston--???—2d Sgt
                      William D. Livingston—2d cousin
                      John Dickerson Fugate (1st Cousin) (also Scott County Militia)
                      Robert Preston Spencer (1st Cousin)—3rd Lt. (also, Chaplain, 64th Va.)
                      William G. Spencer (2d Cousin—son of Robert P. Spencer)
                      William Cabel Rives Strong (1st Cousin—nephew of g3-grandfather James Strong)

VA 48th Infantry
                      Joseph Hickam (brother of GW and Emanuel) (also 25th Va. Cav.)
                      Isaac Hickam (brother of other Hickams)
                      James Frazier (1st Cousin)
                      Elisha Frazier (great-great-uncle—brother of gg-grandmother Sarah (Henrietta) Frazier, w/o Reuben Henderson Morgan)
                      Hiram F. Strong (1st Cousin—nephew of James Strong & brother of William Cabel)
                      Abijah Strong (1st Cousin—nephew of James Strong & brother of William Cabel)
                      Ewell Henderson Quillen (Abner’s brother) (also 48th Va.)—2d Sgt.
                      Andrew J. Williams (2d Cousin—gson of g4-grandparents Joseph Jeffries and Priscilla Woolsey

KY 13th Cavalry
                      Ira Estill Fugate (1st Cousin)
                      Nathan Ellington Fugate (1st Cousin)
                      Hiram F. Strong (g3-Uncle—brother of James Strong)--Surgeon
                      Edward Callahan Strong (or Red Ned) (2d Cousin)—Quartermaster Sgt. (also5th Ky Inf.)

KY 39th Infantry
                      Frederick Franklin (1st cousin)
                      William Franklin (brother of Frederick)

14th Kentucky Cavalry, USA
                      William “Capt. Bill” Strong (2d Cousin—nephew of Thomas Strong, Jr., f/o James)—Capt. Commanding Co. K.
                      John Callahan Strong (Capt. Bill’s younger brother)

5th US Volunteer Infantry (Camp Douglas)
                      Daniel Frazier—nephew of great-great-great-grandfather Solomon Frazier (Henrietta’s father) (Also 64th Virginia Infantry

Mick Cole
                      42nd VA

Comment

I had 8 relatives in 1 regiment 5 of whom were in the same company of the 52nd Va.

4xGreat Grand Father Pvt. Alexander Looney fought with Company K 22nd VA from June 1862 to October 1864 after he was wounded for the 3rd time. His final wound was done by 1 of Custer's Calvary in the blue ridge tunnel. The captain told him to grab the horses with them and go back to Craig County Va. He was wounded three time total. First at the battle of Lewisburg, WVa, then he deserted to the ANV and marched north to be wounded in the shoulder at Gettysburg then wounded finally at Blue Ridge Tunnel. He only deserted twice in the entire war. He marched north in echols brigade to the battle of New Market from Staunton. I will be marching for him in the 150th of New Market this year.
                        3xGreat Grandfather Pvt. George Elick volunteered in May 1861 with the West Augusta Guards from Staunton, Va. He was a harness maker and leather craftsman. He was discharged in October 1861 for his services to the confederacy to make leather gear and CS contracts. His boss in Winchester Died in late 1863. Pvt. Elick reenlisted into Whites Battalion Partisan Rangers which became the 23rd Va Calvary. He was also at New Market, Piedmont, and captured in WVa with the battalion destroyed.
                        I have a total of 6 Grandfathers who fought for the Confederacy, and two relatives that died in the war. One of which was Killed at the wall at Pickett's charge.
                        Joshua Drega

Descendant of:
                        Pvt. John R. Argenbright Co. A 52nd Va Inf.
                        Pvt. William Bosserman Co. B 52nd Va Inf.
                        Pvt. George F. Elick Co. L 5th Va Inf/Whites Btn Partisan Rangers
                        Pvt. Alexander Looney Co. K 22nd Va Inf
                        Pvt. John A Egleton Co. F 42nd Va Inf

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Vasquez View Post
                          My 3x great Grandfather, Isaac Newton Larimer, enlisted in Company K 35th Illinois Volunteer Infantry in August 1861. He was 33. According to the family history (he had been interviewed before he died in 1910) he was captured at Pea Ridge in March 1862 and held for 30 days before escaping and returning to the regiment. He continued serving until at Missionary Ridge on 25 Nov 1863 he was shot in the face during the assault. I have a transcribed copy of a disability statement from his commanding officer (Captain Nelson Staats) where he states the round "entered under his right eye and exited under his left ear" and apparently cost him the sight in his right eye, his sense of smell, "blistered his palate", and cost him the hearing in his left ear. According to the family history he was left for dead on the field and when a burial party reached him he began moving and they took him to a hospital. He apparently stayed there until rejoining the Regiment in May 1864, and was promoted to 2nd Sergeant, mustering out in Sept. 1864 at 36 years of age. I'd love to get a possible hospital location at Chattanooga for him...

I have a picture of him taken I believe around the turn of the century. Very thin fellow, full head of gray hair, long beard, and obviously injured. Scar running down his face from his eye and just about where the bullet exited he has no beard.

I show my students his picture during out Civil War studies and we have a discussion about the postwar experiences of the soldiers; it is an excellent discussion starter. When I am having a particularly difficult day for whatever reason I look at his image and remind myself I come from sterner stuff than most, and believe it or not it helps.

Alexander Vasquez
                          Late of Co. C, 15 IA
                          I was trying to remember why I knew the name Larimer and then got to the bottom and saw it was my old friend, Alex. It was great to run into you here and hope to see you in the field again soon.
                          Kenneth Felts
                          Nacogdoches, TX

Comment

Since everyone is sharing ill post, most of this research was done by my grandmother who was in the UDC and the DAR but I have been adding those from my fathers side over the years and I have the records of most on disc.

Civil War:
                            GGGG GF 1st Lt. J.M. Roberts, 18th South Carolina Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF 2nd Lt. David F. Aderholdt, 58th Alabama Vol Inf. CSA

GGG GU Sgt. Owen Riley Dykes, 1st Alabama Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Pvt. William Ainsey Acker, 47th Alabama Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF KIA 2nd Manassas Pvt.Joseph Franklin Alexander, 60th Georgia Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GU Pvt. Henry N. Alexander, 60th Georgia Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Sgt. Moses Randall Stephenson, 8th Georgia State troops. CSA

GGG GU lost arm at Spotsylvania Pvt. George C. Rhyne 28th North Carolina Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Pvt. Thomas Pickens Henry, 6th Georgia Cav. Bn. CSA

GGG GU Pvt. William Francis Henry, 6th Georgia Cav. Btn. CSA

GGG GU Pvt. James Jasper Potts, 7th Georgia Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GU Pvt. Eli G. Russell, 5th South Carolina Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Pvt. John N. Russell, 1st South Carolina Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Pvt. William Washington Little, 42nd Alabama Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GF Pvt. George Washington Morton, 63rd Tennessee Vol. Inf. CSA

GGG GU Captured in Knoxville TN 1863 died a POW in Feb 64 Pvt. William V. Ellis Co C 1st Georgia
                            Cavalry CSA.

GGG GU Pvt. Abner H Brummitt 19th Tennessee Vol. Infantry CSA

GGG GU Pvt. Joseph W. Brummitt 19th Tennessee Vol. Infantry CSA

GGG GF Pvt. Zachariah S. Hawkins 22nd North Carolina Vol. Infantry
                            Russ Dykes
                            Keith Stone Guard

6th Mississippi Adjunct 150th Shiloh
                            Maryland My Maryland 150th Sharpsburg
                            150th Chickamauga Kershaws Brigade
                            150th Wilderness and Spotsylvania Courthouse

"Splash" ......Mark Taylor

Comment

My Grandfathers uncle

Joseph E Follensbee Co. F 15th New Hampshire. 9 month regiment. Took part in battles around Port Hudson LA. Contracted some illness in the swamps and died two weeks after he came home, his wife whom he married a week before he left died a week before he came home.

Greg Henderson
                              5th New Hampshire

Comment

Horatio Van Cleeve is an ancestor of mine.
                                Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Working...
                                X