Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. Gobright

Hi all,

I am looking for anyone who might know how to get a copy of L.A. Gobright's "Recollection of men and things at Washington, during the third of a century". My fiancee, another living historian, is doing her capstone research paper on Civil War journalism. Our local library(The Thomas Memorial Collection at Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, TN) used to have a copy of this book, but now, for some reason, they don't any more. This is troubling because less than a year ago, I did the same project for my capstone paper and I used this book.

I know there are lots of historians out there who may have seen or heard of this book. If any of you might know where I can find a copy for her(as she is not yet on AC), please let me know by PM or email at brianpgauthier@gmail.com. Her University has a great Inter-Library Loan system set up for just such a thing as this, so getting permission shouldn't be a problem. Finding this particular book, however, is. See ya'll at Bummers!

Most Sincerely,
    Brian Gauthier

Rat Tail Mess
    Wolftever Mess
    SCAR-Southeastern Coalition of Authentic Reenactors

Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war.

Re: L.A. Gobright

Recollection of men and things at Washington, during the third of a century by Gobright, L A. 1816-1879 and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com.

Abebooks has nearly anything.
    John Duffer
    Independence Mess
    MOOCOWS
    WIG
    "There lies $1000 and a cow."

Comment

Do you actually need a hard copy? It's online here:

Hank Trent
      hanktrent@gmail.com
      Hank Trent

Comment

Hank,

You are a lifesaver. I didn't even think to look on google books. Thats brilliant. I was hoping to get a hard copy (have you ever read it? Its really interesting), but its been out of print for a while. John, I had also forgotten about Abebooks. I don't necessarily want to buy it though, but a good resource nonetheless. thanks for the heads up, pards.

Sincerely,
        Brian Gauthier

Rat Tail Mess
        Wolftever Mess
        SCAR-Southeastern Coalition of Authentic Reenactors

Cry "Havoc" and let slip the dogs of war.

Comment

Working...
        X