This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confederate NCO Sword

Well, if you had looked at as many photos as you stated then you must have a good idea of what would be a correct pattern for an NCO sword...It appears the question was moot to begin with.
    Tom "Mingo" Machingo
    Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
    Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
    Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
    KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Re: Confederate NCO Sword

Hallo!

Moderator hat on...

This thread has drifted into the realm of "Don't tell me what I don't what know." and a mix of sharings of modern reenacting druthers and practices with some Period research and documentation.

Assuming the original question was neither moot or a request for validation...

The answer to the question is ultimately twofold:

1. What does research and documentation show for the unit, time, and place of the impression? And,

2. What do surviving original swords say about modern reproductions in terms of period materials, period models or patterns, and period methods of construction.

Before the complaints pile up, this thread is closed.

Moderator hat off...

IMHO, asking a question and not liking the answers is...

:)

Curt
      Curt Schmidt
      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
      -Vastly Ignorant
      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
      X