Clear All

• Russ Pritchard III

Not enough jail time, IMHO.....

T. N. Harrington
    Traveling Photographic Artist
    Daguerreotypes and Wet-plate Collodion Photographs
    Winchester, Virginia

Re: Russ Pritchard III

Too bad he didn't get any extra time. New sentence is to run concurrent with first.

Comment

I had the distinct displeasure of seeig Mr. Pritchard's partner, George Juno at an antique arms show in Gettysburg this past weekend. It amazes me that this guy has the gonads to show up at these shows. I can only guess what the other reputable dealers think of him and what he has done to the reputation of dealers overall.
      [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ken Raia[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Ken,

I always thought that when I saw the younger Pritchard at shows, and Juno still advertises on the back of NSTCW. I don't know why anyone would want to deal with any of them after what they've done.
        Bill Lomas

[B][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]E. J. Thomas Mercantile[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
        [FONT="Century Gothic"]P.O. Box 332
        Hatboro, PA 19040
        [URL="http://www.ejtmercantile.com"]www.ejtmercantile.com[/URL]
        [email]info@ejtmercantile.com[/email][/FONT]

Comment

You would be surprised at how forgiving the big league dealers can be, Ive known of others like Juno that were treated as if nothing had ever happened after such incidents.

Lee
          Lee White
          Researcher and Historian
          "Delenda Est Carthago"
          "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wonder if he is any relation to the Pritchard that has Old South Military Antiques in Va. I'e spoken with him over the phone and he seems like a nice fella. He usually has some pretty cool stuff on his site too.
            Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
            16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
            Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

They all should be tied to a muzzle of a 12 pounder........
              Regards,

Phil Spaugy
              Union Guards
              Co. A
              19th Regiment
              Indiana Volunteer Infantry
              N-SSA

Comment

I wonder if he is any relation to the Pritchard that has Old South Military Antiques in Va. I'e spoken with him over the phone and he seems like a nice fella. He usually has some pretty cool stuff on his site too.
                Shannon Pritchard is no relation to Pritchard Jr. or Pritchard III. I remember when the first charges were brought against the Pritchards, Shannon Pritchard's print ads actually stated that he was not related nor had anything to do with them.
                Bill Lomas

[B][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]E. J. Thomas Mercantile[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
                [FONT="Century Gothic"]P.O. Box 332
                Hatboro, PA 19040
                [URL="http://www.ejtmercantile.com"]www.ejtmercantile.com[/URL]
                [email]info@ejtmercantile.com[/email][/FONT]

Comment

Folks,

Shannon at Old South has always been a stand-up fellow not afraid to share his beliefs....not only that, he's always welcomed material culture feedack from our side of the hobby.

The main other issue comes when "appraisers" and "collectors/dealers" become one in the same. It's hard to objectively value an object when you plan to turn around and offer the owner some arbitrary sum for the item. I've seen this become a real ethical dilemma more than once....

Neill Rose
                  PLHA

Comment

Working...
                  X