Starbuck cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbuck cap

I received yesterday my Greg Starbuck black-piped butternut forage cap, ordered off the forum. It is superb. I can wear it with the crown high or low and pitched forward. The only downside is that my wife finds it odd I choose to wear it to bed. But, then, what does she know? This is is one of the very few contemporary caps I've seen that catches the precise personality captured by era photos and by the artwork of Don Troiani and the late, great George Woodbridge. Mega accolades.
    Last edited by David Fox; 11-03-2009, 03:12 PM.
    David Fox

Re: Starbuck cap

David, I share your pain! My wife and kids ridicule my wearing kepies, forage caps and or hats to watch John Wayne movies and ballgames! little do they know or understand!!!
    Bud Scully 13th NJ Co.K Mess and 69th NY (N-SSA)

Comment

Mr. Fox,
      How about sharing a pic of the cap? Best regards.
      Tom "Mingo" Machingo
      Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
      Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
      Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
      KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

Be delighted to share photos of the cap, if I only knew how. Starbuck posted photos in an earlier thread. Maybe he'll read this and do so again.
        David Fox

Comment

Thank you for the kind words.

Here's the kepi in question,

Thanks,

Greg Starbuck
          The brave respect the brave. The brave
          Respect the dead; but you -- you draw
          That ancient blade, the ass's jaw,
          And shake it o'er a hero's grave.

Herman Melville

http://www.historicsandusky.org

Comment

Yeah, well, Starbuck's static photos don't do this cap justice. It's the way it composes itself when on ones head. And I know I'm even handsomer when wearing it, even though one would think that an impossibility.
            David Fox

Comment

David,

I also am rather fond of wearing Mr. Starbuck's fine work about the house and shop much to the dismay of the wife. The kids, however, like the headgear. I cannot say enough good about Greg's work.
              Matthew S. Laird
              [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
              [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
              Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
              [/COLOR]
              [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
              X