civil war miniuatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civil war miniuatures

hi guys so i was wondering if anyone on here knows of a good place that sell's 1/72 scale cannons and battery crew i'm gonna be doin a pea ridge diorama and i'm lookin for authentic as possible cannons i don't know what type yet. i don't know what the 1st iowa battery had at pea ridge but thanks for the help so far guys.
    Your most humble and obedient servant,
    Erik W Creekmore,
    2nd Col Vol Inf.

Sgt Major, Territorial Battalion.

Re: civil war miniuatures

Get ahold of Carl Clink, he is really big into civil war miniuatures.
    Aka
    Wm Green :D
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
    Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

The 1st Iowa Battery had rifled pieces at Pea Ridge. I'm not sure if they had Parotts or Wiard guns.
      Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
      My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

AB miniatures sells a wide variety of figures and a few cannons. The guns look pretty good. All the stuff is metal and AB miniatures are listed as being 18mm for scale. I think that is very close to 1/72 but not completely sure. AB does make a 3 inch ordnance rifle, 10 lb parrot, and a 12 lb napoleon.

Chris

Chris Bopp
        Chris Bopp

Comment

Erik - Imex sells some Union and Confederate artillery sets that have some rifled pieces as well as howitzers. Check out ebay, I have bought quite a few 1/72 sets there for some good deals. Just search 1/72 then click on toy soldiers. Hope this helps.
          Jeff Felton
          [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]Liberty Rifles
          CWPT[/SIZE][/SIZE]
          [URL="http://northcarolinastatetroops.blogspot.com/"]http://northcarolinastatetroops.blogspot.com/[/URL]

Comment

huck

does carl clink have an account on here?
            Erik W Creekmore,
            2nd Col Vol Inf.

Comment

Yes he does, do a search against his name.
              Aka

Picket Post
              Perryville

Comment

There are several plastic dealers out there that make a wide variety of . Musket Miniatures makes excellent pewter figures. VERY customizable for specific looks and features of troops. However, expect to pay quite a bit if you go 1:1 scale or even 1:2 with metal.
                Mark Krausz
                William L. Campbell
                Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
                Old Northwest Volunteers
                Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

I am a big fan of painting minis and if you are looking for quality pieces, check out the Perry Brother's or Sash and Saber. There is Foundry Miniatures, Redoubt, Renegade, and several others. Most of them are based out of the U.K., but hobby stores will carry a few of those brands. If you really are looking into miniature painting, send me a PM and I can help you further.

~Matt Wood

Comment

My friend Carl told me to stop by this place when I was in San Antonio last, a place called King X, lets say O.M.G I can waste time on another hobby.

Aka

Picket Post
                    Perryville

Comment

thanks everyone for the help so far
                      Erik W Creekmore,
                      2nd Col Vol Inf.

Comment

Will the diarama be handled often? Will you be painting figures to be used in a miniature war game? Are you looking for extremely detailed figures? What are your price ranges (what are you willing to pay per figure)? There is a wide variety out there ranging in prices and quality. Can you be more specific?

Also, have you considered the pro/cons of going with plastic vs metal figures?
                        Brad Ireland
                        Old Line Mess
                        4th VA CO. A
                        SWB

Comment

cprljohnivey

i'm gonna be the only one handling it and i probaly won't alot and no it's not for a mini war game i've always wanted to do a cw diorama so i figured i would start out small and do one of the 1st iowa battery on the keatsville road in pea ridge ar whats nice is is's only an hour and a half drive from my house so i can go up and gets pics hopefully soon but all i will needs is the cannon pieces and crew military wise then the rest will be trees and stuff like that but that musket miniatures site has some good priced stuff so i might be using them for my stuff and sayin i'm only 16 and don't have a job yet the parents are gonna be paying for it but it shouldn't be to much but once again thanks so much for the help so far guys
                          Erik W Creekmore,
                          2nd Col Vol Inf.

Comment

Just about any hobby store has plastic figures in 1/72 scale. They are not the most detailed, and the plastic is rather soft BUT since this is your first experience painting and working with mini's, they are a good start as they are dirt cheep. Figure 10-15 bucks for a box of artillery with crew and add another 20-40 buks for the terrain buts (trees, flocking for grass, etc...)'

A search on the net will yield you many terrain building ideas and articles on how to make hills, roads, trees, bushes, etc...

Make sure you also read up on how to prep the mini's before painting them. You can't just paint them right out of the box. They will need to have any flash cut away. You will need to wash them in warm soapy water. Then prime them with spray paint before painting them.

Feel free to PM me with questions as I have years of experience in painting miniatures and building terrain pieces.

Good luck and please post some pictures when you are done!
                            Brad Ireland
                            Old Line Mess
                            4th VA CO. A
                            SWB

Comment

i know how to do all that i build model's and alot of them have really small pieces and no hobby shop here has them but i do need help on the terrain i know general stuff about it
                              Erik W Creekmore,
                              2nd Col Vol Inf.

Comment

Working...
                              X