Poplar Grove Cemetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poplar Grove Cemetery

Would it be possible for anyone who lives near Poplar Grove Cemetery to get a picture of a gravestone for me?

William S. Shaw
    Co. I, 5th NY "Veteran" Regt.
    Grave# 1336

Thanks in advance.

Matt
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Matt Reardon[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]"River Rat Mess"[/FONT]
    8th Connecticut Volunteers

[B]Executive Director
    New England Civil War Museum
    Rockville, Connecticut
    [url]www.newenglandcivilwarmuseum.com[/url][/B]

Re: Poplar Grove Cemetery

Matt,

Contact me off list since I work at Petersburg NB and we manage that cemetery.

Either PM me here OR e-mail me at Emmanuel_Dabney@nps.gov.
    Sincerely,
    Emmanuel Dabney
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    http://www.agsas.org

"God hasten the day when war shall cease, when slavery shall be blotted from the face of the earth, and when, instead of destruction and desolation, peace, prosperity, liberty, and virtue shall rule the earth!"--John C. Brock, Commissary Sergeant, 43d United States Colored Troops

Comment

Re: Poplar Grove Cemetery

On the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System website, there is a link called "Cemeteries." It has an entry for all the men buried at Poplar Grove. If you search for your particular soldier, it should come up with a page on him and a photo of his gravestone. (Nevermind. I checked, as you obviously did, and saw that he doesn't have a gravestone picture.
      Last edited by FortyRounder; 11-28-2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: Saw that William Shaw doesn't have a gravestone image.
      Will Hickox

"When there is no officer with us, we take no prisoners." Private John Brobst, 25th Wisconsin Infantry, May 20, 1864.

Comment

Working...
      X