This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some people do this?

Not sure where this post should go, mods, please move as necassary, thanks.

Heres something thats been bothering me latly: The statements of one brother living historian about other brothers or organizations/units. Now, Ill drop no names out of respect and becasue I dont want this thread dropped. But, as Living Historians, shouldnt we be doing this for the love of History, to make sure its accuratly portrayed, honor the darkest days of our past and to some degree find great comradship? (And not for fame or personal gain.) There are many more, but those I feel are the major driving forces, to some degree or another.

What im getting at is there have been some snide remarks about So-So doing this or So-So doing that and you shouldnt listen to So-So cause thier too this or too that and they turn around and contrdict others because they think thier views are the only true, strait, narrow and AUTHENTIC way of doing it.

Im just so confused as to why memebers of this obsession feel they need to put someone in thier place when its not thier place to place the other, speacially if they've never met that person before. I mean, I was trying to help a kid out and I got a pard jump down my throat about it cause I gave my views on what I had seen in original photographs and was explaining to him what he could improve on to build his impression up.

Im not hurt or offended, and Im not seeking an answer as to why he did it, I just dont see what gives him and others like him, ego brain thoughts that say, "Hes outta line, we gotta show him his place in this world." Well, like I have said before to friends and pards, the only authentics you'll find are the boys who shouldered muskets from '61 through '65.

Im not trying to stir up trouble, or sling stinky stuff in a glass house, Im just curious to see what others that feel the way I feel have to say about the same problems I see.

-Corey O
    P.S. My spelling sucks, Im truly sorry.
    Corey O'Connor

De' Plum Crazy Mess

-[COLOR="Red"][I][U]Artillery[/U][/I][/COLOR]
    Never worry about a bullet with a name on it.
    Instead, worry about shrapnel addressed to occupant.

Re: Why do some people do this?

Originally posted by Irish Reb View Post
    P.S. My spelling sucks, Im truly sorry.
    Try using the spell check feature, click on the green arrow in the upper right hand corner of the text block. That should solve a lot of the spelling problems.
    Jim Kindred

Comment

Pard? are you sure you have the right forum? Sounds like you went to the wrong type of event.

I was trying to help a kid out and I got a pard jump down my throat about it cause I gave my views on what I had seen in original photographs and was explaining to him what he could improve on to build his impression up.
      Three people right? You the helping campaigner, the student (kid) and then you got walloped by the Farb Mutaween. Got news for you, he ain't your pard or your brother.

Gregory A. Deese
      Last edited by SCTiger; 06-06-2010, 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot my full name!
      Gregory Deese
      Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
      "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Before this becomes a brawl about issues better suited to some some other forum - or maybe no forum at all - I'm reaching for the lock.
        Silas Tackitt,
        one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
        X