How has Re-enacting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How has Re-enacting influenced you?

After looking for 19th century house to restore my wife and I decided to build one based loosely off the Bushong Farm at New Market.
    I enjoyed building the split rail fence.
    When it's cold sharing a blanket and body heat from a pard doesnt seem weird.
    Rain....now not so bad
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Shawn Stern[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [url]www.wheelingfencibles.com[/url]
    Wheeling Independence Hall Foundation
    PSL

Comment

Reenacting WWII since the 80s, CW since 1998.
      When in a restaurant and I see a salt and pepper shaker tops..hey those look just like 69 cal minie balls.

Because of undestanding the slower paced life of the mid 1800s, my yard work has more purpose to it. Not in a hurry just to get it done..taking more pride in the flower bed, etc.

Antique stores are more desirable than Bass Proshops

Largely due to 10 years military experience...have no fear of rain any more. Makes for a better connection of enduring what Johnny Reb and Billy Yank went through. It's just water.

I often play CW music on my computer in my classroom at school.

Growing a gotee

A rack of felt or straw hats at a store catches my eye, I examine them for degrees of authenticity.

Lastly, most guys in their 40s have Stocks, investments, or go golfing. I consider my firearms, footlockers and dozen boxes of original WWII, WWI and civil war stuff as my financial "investment."

- Jay Reid
      Dreamer42
      9th Texas
      Jay Reid

Comment

When I get kicked out of the house... which is frequent.. it's another opportunity to set up the dog tent . She can't win...
        Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

I'm still new to this, a civilian collodion photographer with a couple of years experience shooting tintypes but only recently putting together an impression and attending events. What I have discovered so far is that I find brogans so comfortable that they've become my standard walking shoes when I take my dog out on the local marsh. In fact, I like them so much I've just ordered a custom-made pair that I plan to wear more-or-less regularly. I've always been a history nut, and I really appreciate having and most especially using things that are either original antiques or absolutely correct reproductions made with the same attention to detail. I love keeping history alive, and educating people about it.

I have several oil lamps in the house and if it were up to me (my wife doesn't quite agree...) I wouldn't bother with electric light in the evenings.
          René Rondeau
          Ambrotype/Tintype Photographer

Comment

Working...
          X