Old World Wisconsin Tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old World Wisconsin Tornado

Old World Wisconsin was hit by a tornado last night. Apparently there's a good bit of landscape damage, but only a couple of the buildings were damaged. Attached is a link to the news story. Make sure to watch the video; the amount of tree damage is comparable to the Stone's River tornado.

Old World Wisconsin hit by tornado
    Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
    My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Re: Old World Wisconsin Tornado

Wow, that's really too bad. Old World was the site of what was easily the best event I've ever been to. I recognize the area of the most damage as being the parking lot, which consisted of a number of rows of parking spots set into a pine forest.

I'm glad to see that the property was relatively intact, and that no people or animals were hurt. I would have hated for something to happen to that calf I made friends with.
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Hey Guys

Although it looks like the parking lot, restuarant and gift shop were hit hardest I would not be surprised if some of the historical buidlings are damaged. My wife used to work there and she thinks she saw the historical building she used to interpret leveled to the ground. I would give them a few days to do a full look through. With all of the tree damage they may not be able to get to some of the site without making a clearing. Friends of Old World Wisconsin are taking donations to help the place out. If you have a spare bucks they can sure use it. They were cash straped by the state before the tornado. The link is below.

Old World Wisconsin Foundation - Supporting Old World Wisconsin with Integrity and Stewardship.

Jason Reinholz

Comment

Sad, but for those of a certain age, Howie Madaus just got his revenge!
        S.Sullivan

Comment

Working...
        X