Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hole in the Vendor Realm (at least to me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Hole in the Vendor Realm (at least to me)

You can always ask Speedy at Corner Clothiers, he has made a few officer haversacks I believe.
    John Greenfield

GawdAwful Mess [url]www.gawdawfulmess.com[/url]

Comment

Yes, I have one style leather officers haversack that I currently will do. Contact me for photos, if you like.
      speedybri@comcast.net

Speedy
      Brian Merrick

Comment

Phil Canvanaugh of the "Haversack Depot" has made some nice ones in the past. You might try him.

Joe Walker
        Waco

Comment

Joe-

Phil is shut down for the immediate future and his website indicates that he's no longer making two of his federal EM's haversacks - even when he comes back online.
          Andrew "Abner" Martin
          AKM Dry Goods

Comment

Josh,

Contact Boyd through the OTB Forum. I agree his website doen't get updated much.
            Matt Woodburn
            Retired Big Bug
            WIG/GHTI
            Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
            "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash View Post
              While cruising around the various pages of vendors, I found that Haversack Depot is no longer producing Federal Haversacks (see here http://www.haversackdepot.com/ )

So, who is making good federal haversacks now besides Serio? With TMD gone, and now this source missing, it appears the only other source was He who shall not be named.
              Although he is currently out of stock on them Bill Lomas over at EJ Thomas Mercantile carries fed issue haversacks made by August Fox. Maybe try contacting Bill and see what he says about them?

Also another route is Andy Shogren of The SCAR. I believe he makes one with a correct paint recipe as well. Mine still smells of boiled lindseed and it almost a year old. Here are some pics of his below. I dont think he does it as a business but it won't hurt to ask him. If you are interested PM me and I will get in touch with him. He is not on the forums much.
              Last edited by PetePaolillo; 07-17-2010, 08:17 PM. Reason: added info
              [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
              ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

It looks like the Haversack Depot website has now completely gone:-

Out of interest does anyone know if they have completey wound up? If so it's a real pity, I found Phil's customer service and speed of turnaround outstanding.
                Paul Jonsson (England, UK)

Comment

Tim is still making them. I just received one last week and it is top notch.

Dan Wilkosz
                  49th NYVI

Comment

I've been considering producing one or two styles of Federal haversacks but haven't had the time to fully develop them. One is a painted linen, all hand-sewn type without gusset and with riveted billet/strap and light-weight interior bag. The other is rubberized drill with silk trim on the flap, inserted welts, etc. that I feel is a private purchase variety. I didn't realize that there was such a shortage or a demand for Federal haversacks lately.

For those of you who are looking into getting a haversack from S&S, ask about his Federal-issue, English-made haversack. Tim purchased one (of two) at the Kurtz auction and is making a fine copy. They have a unique shape, size, and cast brass adjustment buckles on the strap. He showed me the exact same style of bag in one of his reference books dealing with British-made equipments of the 1850's.
                    Brian White
                    [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
                    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
                    [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

Andrew Martin with AKM Drygoods stepped up and started producing some REALLY nice US bags. If anyone needs one, I would recommend dropping him a line.
                      Patrick Landrum
                      Independent Rifles

Comment

That makes my Haversack Depot bags more valuable, cool. :)
                        John Duffer
                        Independence Mess
                        MOOCOWS
                        WIG
                        "There lies $1000 and a cow."

Comment

Working...
                        X