No announcement yet.

52nd String Band in accident, any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52nd String Band in accident, any info?

Pards,
    Just heard that the 52nd Regimental String band out of Memphis TN was in a car accident yesterday, how many of them and who exactly I don't yet know. The only info I have is it was a head-on collision with an elderly couple and the couple did not make it. They are some very old friends of mine but can't seem to get a hold of any of them to check in. Does anyone else have any details? Hopes and prayers are going out to all. Thanks!
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Tony DiMaiolo
    37th Tennessee
    Hard Case Boys[/FONT]

Descendant of Pvt. Samual Goodfellow 9th New Jersey Volunteers "The Muskrats"

Re: 52nd String Band in accident, any info?

I'll give a few people a call, and try to find something out. I know a few people that are fairly close with them.
    Robert Melville

We as Americans finish what we start. And dying for these Colors, or our brothers around us is no different. We will always remember the ones that have passed before us. Even though their bodies are committed to the depths their spirits live with in us and helps push for tomorrow

Comment

From Facebook, about an hour ago.

Please keep my friends, the 52nd Regimental String Band in your prayers.On the road yesterday to Columbia, TN to perform, they were involved in an accident. Greg has a broken foot, Preston a broken arm and Dave went to the hospital. The couple in the other vehicle were killed. Remember this couple's family in your prayers as well.

Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Yeah, just found out about Preston's arm, and heard Greg had to have surgery on his ankle but is doing well. I have no news about the others as of yet, so continuing to pray for all! Thanks!
        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Tony DiMaiolo
        37th Tennessee
        Hard Case Boys[/FONT]

Descendant of Pvt. Samual Goodfellow 9th New Jersey Volunteers "The Muskrats"

Comment

Any idea what hospital the guys were/are in? I'm in the area and would like to stop and see Preston for some well wishes. He was around doing it right when I started out, and he and Tim Arnold taught me a GREAT deal along the many years of friendship.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

I emailed Tim yesterday and he tells me Preston dislocated his elbow. He was taken to Vanderbilt and they fixed him up and sent him home. I'm not sure of the status of the others.
            Joe Smotherman

Comment

Working...
            X