• Show
Clear All

• Civil War Campaigner Magazine

Anyone care to share anything about this ? Thanks. ~Gary

http://civilwarcampaigner.com/index.html
    Gary Dombrowski
    [url]http://garyhistart.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: Civil War Campaigner Magazine

Same high quality publisher/editorial as the glossy multi period Skirmish magazine, but with a tight American Civil War focus.

The electronic format puts the price well within reach. I really love Skirmish because I do multiple time periods, but the annual fee for the hard copy subscription is pricey. This format is within reach for more folks.
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I have a subscription and it is not too bad. I got minw when it was $14 for a year and figured I would try it out. I dont think I wasted my money.
      William D. O'Malley IV

Comment

Hallo!

It would appear that there is a "transcontinental delay" between subscribing and bring able to access the issues...

Curt
        Technological Dinosaur Mess
        Curt Schmidt
        In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
        -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
        -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
        -Vastly Ignorant
        -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

I first saw it advertised in Skirmish.
          Like Spinster said Skirmish is pretty pricey but I believe it is also available for download via e scrip
          It took about a day after I subscribed but I got access and downloaded issue 1. Issue 2 was available but it took several days after they said it was available for it to actually show up.
          I received e mails in both instances.
          It appears to be very high quality with articles that will appeal to those seeking to improve their impression. WIth the cost of printing now it apprears af if this might be a doable format.
          Bob Gregory
          79th NY

Comment

Subscribed to Civl War Campaigner when it was first offered, I've enjoyed the first two issues, seems to be well constructed, interesting, although I have to get used to magazines on line, I have been a subsriber to Skirmish magazine just out of curiosity and though my interest is strictly American civil War, there are a lot of really interesting articles. There is not much out there of real quality, the only magazine I liked was Civil War Historian , but Campaigner looks to be better than most.
            Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

Originally posted by Curt-Heinrich Schmidt View Post
              It would appear that there is a "transcontinental delay" between subscribing and bring able to access the issues...
              My Paypal payment cleared Sunday afternoon and I still do not have access to issues 1 and 2.

Gary
              Not Impressed Mess
              Gary Dombrowski

Comment

Gary,

Just because it is on the internet does not make it instant. Give people some time, the internet is still controlled by humans! :)
                Mitchell L Critel
                Wide Awake Groupie
                Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

I'll have to agree with Mitch here--I receive five rather obscure publications electronically, all US published. From payment to landing in my email, has taken from two to four weeks. It does not happen automatically--and for a small publication, nobody stands there hovering the account to make it happen--they check it on a regular basis.
                  Terre Hood Biederman
                  Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                  Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Hallo!

Very true...

But we get "lulled" by the instantaneous nature of the WWW sometimes.

On the other hand, there is rarely, ever, never any delay in the money or payment going through..

Just a-funnin', just a-funnin'...

:) :)

Curt
                    Patient as a Saint Mess
                    Curt Schmidt
                    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
                    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
                    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
                    -Vastly Ignorant
                    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt-Heinrich Schmidt View Post
                      On the other hand, there is rarely, ever, never any delay in the money or payment going through..
                      Boy isn't that the truth. The WWW does not ALWAYS = quick and easy.

Good things come to those who wait mess,
                      Gary
                      Gary Dombrowski

Comment

I just subscribed but I forgot to put my email address before I ordered. While you have to include your email address in the order form I still haven't received my password or any way to access the issues. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,
                        Andrew Turner
                        Co.D 27th NCT
                        Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Comment

I'd go to the magazine website and send them an email about your problem. ~Gary
                          Gary Dombrowski

Comment

Is this magazine still being produced? I have a subscription for it but recently I have not been able to log in to my account to view it. Anybody else having the same problem?

Thanks
                            Andy Miller
                            Co. A, 1st Minn.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

In my opinion, this is a great magazine and resource for living historians. I feel the $14.95 price makes it a bargain, even if it does take some getting used to reading a "magazine" online. The fact that I'm currently in Australia makes the online format very appealing to me. All of the "popular" CW mags are around $20 here. This magazine meets my needs much more than any of them, as it applies more to improving your impression, and other pertinent info for living historians.

I did have a bit of trouble recently accessing the archived mags, but got that fixed. Isn't it time for a new issue? The last I can access is Feb-March '11.
                              D.W.(Trace)Scalf
                              19th Alabama Infantry(Australia)
                              [url]http://www.19thal.50webs.com/[/url]

“Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”

"Only the dead have seen the end of War".
                              George Santayana

Comment

Working...
                              X