Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be done for some of our old cities or ACW battlefields here in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be done for some of our old cities or ACW battlefields here in the USA

http://sergey-larenkov.livejournal.com/

This website was posted on our unit forum and thought this would be a great idea put to use for preservation and getting ones bearings on ACW battlefields. This Russian comrade has taken period pics from WW2 around Berlin, Roumania and Lenningrad and super-imposed them on modern day pics.

I thought this was a really cool thing, a fusion of past and present!

My question to you shutterbugs and photoshoppers out there is how feasible would it be to do this?

Mods if this isn't the right area please move it where it needs to go!
    Attached Files
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=3]Michael Phillips, GGG Grandson of
    Pvt Edmond Phillips, 44th NCT, Co E, "The Turtle Paws"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mustered in March 1862
    Paroled at Appomattox C.H. Virginia, April 15, 1865[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]"Good, now we'll have news from Hell before breakfast."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Was Gen Sherman's response upon hearing the capture and execution of 3 reporters who had followed from Atlanta, by the rebels.
    The execution part turned out to be false.[COLOR=DarkRed] [B]Dagg Nabbit![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: Could this be done for some of our old cities or ACW battlefields here in the USA

Read my mind...I've started doing this with vintage archival photos from my newspaper of the Manhattan Criminal Courts building, and will be in Gettysburg this upcoming week. I was going to try to do something like this. Will report!

Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Re: Could this be done for some of our old cities or ACW battlefields here in the USA

I've done this with video I took at Antietam last year accompanied by Ashoken Farewell. The video fades into an image taken in 1862 for about 10 seconds then proceeds to the next one. The two I like are as I'm driving up to the Dunker church and the curved road where a number of dead lie in a row. It's almost creapy - as if it trancends time just at that moment. The landscape lines up perfecty even today. World War Two photos have done something similar years ago in a magazine called "After the Battle" pictures from the war compared to pictures of the same location today. Go to www.afterthebattle.com

- Jay Reid
      Dreamer42
      9th Texas
      Jay Reid

Comment

Working...
      X