This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved vendor question.

I am wondering if Jarnigan (C&D Jarnigan) is/was an approved vendor? I ask because I am interested in one of thier products and want to make sure I am purchasing something that meets the gold standard of this community.

I'm not intending to blow the whistle on anyone but I did see a WTS post selling a product from "Jarnigan" (don't know if anyone else goes by that name) so I am assuming since that item can be listed here the Vendor in question is of good quality. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't throwing money down the drain on a sub par item.

Kind regards,

Edit: If this is in the wrong spot, Mods please move as needed.
    Tim Lindgren
    1st. Sergeant
    10th Tennessee Inf Co. D
    "Sons of Erin"

Re: Approved vendor question.

Jarnagin is not an approved Vendor ion this forum . You can find the Approved Vendor list at the top.
    Jan H.Berger
    Hornist

German Mess
    http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

Many people will use the gum blankets from Jarnigan. The uniforms and most (if not all) of the leather is not up to standards here... but the gum blankets currently are about as close to an original as we can get
      Brad Ireland
      Old Line Mess
      4th VA CO. A
      SWB

Comment

First, not being an approved vendor here does not mean the goods are not authentic. The vendors pay a fee to be an approved vendor and are reviewed to make sure they meet the standard. There are lots of high quality vendors which do not take part in the approved vendor program.

Second, Jarnagin is not an approved vendor. In my opinion they would not make the cut if they did want to get into the program. Back in the day they use to be condsidered high quality but many others have now far surpassed that old benchmark. Thay have a few things that are good and you might see for sale on here. Clothing would not be in that group. There is not a Walmart style, one stop shop, for high quality Civil War gear. You just have to know what you are looking at.

If you want you can send me a PM with the item you are looking to purchase and I can see if I can help you find the righ direction to go.
        Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
        Civil War Digital Digest
        Sally Port Mess

Comment

Originally posted by tlindgren View Post
          I'm not intending to blow the whistle on anyone but I did see a WTS post selling a product from "Jarnigan" (don't know if anyone else goes by that name) so I am assuming since that item can be listed here the Vendor in question is of good quality. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't throwing money down the drain on a sub par item.
          The moderators cannot possibly read every post on the forum, we have to depend in large part on reports of forum members to catch violations of the rules. Do not assume that item was allowed to be listed on the forum makes it acceptable, it only means a moderator did not catch it or the sale was not reported by a member of the forum.
          Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
          X