Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Theft From the Needle and Thread, Gettysburg

Gang -

I have the site set up. My goal is to let it run between now and Remembrance Day, unless we reach $800 sooner. I will post updates to the site regularly.

Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinGuardsNYSM View Post
      Gang -

I have the site set up. My goal is to let it run between now and Remembrance Day, unless we reach $800 sooner. I will post updates to the site regularly.

http://needleandthread.bbnow.org/index.php

Very good Mark, This is the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be in this hobby!!!....My donation has been sent :)

Mods or Admin Can we stick this thread to the top of the list until the goal is reached?
      Last edited by PetePaolillo; 08-26-2010, 04:26 PM. Reason: added request to mods
      [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
      ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

My wife and I were talking about this some more this evening and we too have decided to donate a few bucks to Darlene. Darlene helped my wife with several tips and no matter how busy she was, she has always taken the time to assist in what we need. We live in the area and will be dropping off a donation this week from our battlefield association. This was a great idea to assist them in their time of need and show them how much the we appreciate them.

John A. Miller
        South Mountain State Battlefield
        Monterey Pass Battlefield Assoc., Washington Township
        John A. Miller, Director
        Monterey Pass Battlefield Park

Comment

I'm starting to spread the word as much as I can to other vendors and folks who don't frequent this site to be on the lookout for anyone trying to "make a deal" on the thread.
          Robert Collett
          8th FL / 13th IN
          Armory Guards
          WIG

Comment

There is a web site set up for this I donated and they can use the help.There's a site set up for donations to help Darlene and Herman: http://needleandthread.bbnow.org/index.php

Chuck Lyons
            10th IL Infantry

Comment

Sorry I should have read all the post. But its a great thing so help if you can.
              Chuck Lyons
              10th IL Infantry

Comment

Feel free to distribute this virtual-postcard.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	needleandthread..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	221736
                Marc A. Hermann
                Liberty Rifles.
                MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
                Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

I made a donation, and i hope several others do as well. Thank you all for your support! Awesome Job Marc!!!!
                  Last edited by 33rdsignal; 08-26-2010, 06:54 PM.
                  Chad Phillips
                  Lancaster, PA

Comment

To the folks that did this. You will be found out . You will be dealt with.
                    Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Donation sent. I hope we can show that 99.9% of us is not the disgusting slug(s) that stole the tread. You may not get caught by people, however God sees all!
                      Brent Conner

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I might add that this could have also been the work of dumb@$$ kids.They figure that they can steal this thread,show how "bad" they are,and sell it for $10 a roll and make quick cash.But in any event,let's keep an eye out for that little punk who did this,reenactor or not.
                        Cullen Smith
                        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

I ment thread. Long day.
                          Brent Conner

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

per the website $195 raised in the first few hours!.....Good job. Lets get to $800 before the weekend is over. you can donate at the website by paypal with a secure safe donation. No amount to small!

PS No need to get on here and make threats to the thieves. It is not prodcutive. Just use that energy to send a donation Darlenes way instead! :)
                            [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                            ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Donation sent
                              Bob Hutton:)

14th NC "Wild Cats"

Comment

So far,the site has raised...$302.00....We are almost half way there!!!! Great job everyone. Keep it going!!! :)
                                [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                                ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X