Looking for History of the Mudsills Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for History of the Mudsills Book

I was wondering if anyone remembered what the title was to the book that is out there concerning the history of the Mudsills reenacting group? I remember someone linking that to me before, but I have since then lost the link and searches for it through my old posts and general forum searches have resulted in nothing.

I need to find this book for research. Some of you might remember me from 2-3 years ago when I began my history of reenacting research, intending to write a book. Well, a lot has changed since then and I am now using the research I did for a thesis paper for my capstone in Civil War Era Studies here at Gettysburg.
    David Fictum,
    Member of the Pennsylvania College Guard,
    recent member of the 2nd WI, Co A

Re: Looking for History of the Mudsills Book

Dave,

I think you're looking for: Mudsill Atrocities (2007) and Mudsill Atrocities Part Deux (2009) by Bob Willey, both published by AuthorHouse.

G
    [I][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Greg Schultz[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]Delmonico Mess[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2] F&AM[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2]amateur wet plate photographer[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Two years ago when I was looking for this, they weren't available online and the 2nd volume hadn't come out. For reference to everyone else, here are links:

can't wait to get them in the mail now. Has any other group done anything like this?
      David Fictum,

Comment

I got the books, really great and funny stuff, recommend it to all reenactors.

Question, what does the SVR stand for, as in SVR unit?
        David Fictum,

Comment

David,

It is Sons of the Veterans Reserve. http://www.suvcw.org/svr/svr.htm

They were big in reenacting in the 1970's. I actually was a member when I started in 1989 with the SVR until I discoverd from the Mudsills you are reading about the the SVR really was not about reenacting - costume historians at its best. Fine group to pertetuate the Civil War but not in reenacting terms.

Tom
          Tom Klas
          Hard Head Mess
          Citizens Guard

Comment

Working...
          X