Help with missing gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with missing gear

Gentlemen, While meeting up with some pards to attend Before the Breakout, some gear turned up missing. In fact, my whole Confederate kit. I was transferring all of my items from one vehicle to the next, and somehow it was taken, or sat out of sight. In any event, it's gone. So, I'm calling on the members of this Forum. I know many of you keep up on online sales of gear, Ebay, Etc. Can you just keep a lookout for some of these items. Not all was mine. About 380.00 of a pards gear went missing as well. That's my main concern. Here is a description of all items.

- Conf. Four button Jacket. Has 2 external pockets, with two small pearly buttons, and one goodyear button. Well soiled. Has the initials W.S.L. in the liner.
    - Grey Jean trousers with mule ear pockets. Holes throughout and heavily stained and soiled. Patches throughout. Big bluejean patch on the rear crotch area.
    - Brown linen shirt. DIRTY DIRTY. several small holes in the arms, and small patch pocket of left breast.
    - Black single billet roller buckle belt.
    - 1 pair of very dirty loose cotton socks.
    - Cut down M.B.S. brogans. Missing left toe, and these have no heels.
    - Linen Haversack, has initials U.S.T. inside, with two pearl buttons. All handsewn.

My pards gear consisted of:
    - Full set of leathers, minus shoulder strap.
    McGee and George Cartridge Box,
    McGee and George Cap box.
    McGee and George Waistbelt with hollow CS eggshell plate.
    Original bayonet for a '42 w/ scabbard.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I have to ask. Perks for any lead in this missing gear.

I Can not put personal value on the gear, as it is priceless to me! But, I'd value it all at about 700.00. Not an easy hunk of my kit to part with. Any info can contact me Via PM here. I'm a regular lurker, rare poster.

Thanks,
    Terry Billings
    Terry Billings,
    High School Teacher
Working...
X