Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am confused--civil war reenactors where???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am confused--civil war reenactors where???

Thank You Kent, I believe the max at the Museum for a class is 20. I had 13 with very little advertising-- from what I see on this thread is that another 7 folks would have shown up if the Badgers were not playing and other CW commitments. I am seriously toying around with the idea of a Confederate Soldier Symposium-- could be a tribute to the "Wearing the Gray" concept we had a few years back. This one would be devoted to material culture and your uniform presentation, and although I believe the actual Campaign and Battles are just as important-- we'll let the National Parks and the Authors of the Civil War cover these topics which they do so well. My library is full of Books on Battles and Generals. I dont have a lot of books on material culture, because there are not that many in print.

The whole point of the thread is that I did not have an appreciative crowd-- they loved it! The applause was deafening at the end. (I think) I genuinely thought I would have pulled in more CW reenactors and living historians for this type of talk. I had none!!! Kind of blew my boat out of the water-- now I had to talk to a crowd many of whom had no backround in the study of Confederate uniforms. It did work out well in the end-- made a good dollar$$$ for two hours work, had a nice supper, Italian, and things like this do motivate me to do more.

I do appreciate your comments-

Tom Arliskas
    CSuniforms
    Tom Arliskas

Comment

Working...
    X