Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin Scabbard Repair

Folks,
    I have an original 1850s militia sword in awesome condition.The blade,the pommel,ect is in very good condition.The only problem is the original tin scabbard has been broke in half.I did not break it,but bought it off the forums that way.What would be a period method to repairing a tin scabbard?I will try to get pictures up asap.
    Thank You
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Re: Tin Scabbard Repair

Pictures? They might help.
    Nathan Dodds

Comment

lead solder i would assume, maybe a reinforcing band that would vbe soldered or braised around the scabbard... try the tin shop at Carroll County farm museum in maryland, i have a friend that volunteers there and they do awesome work
      Rob Riley

1st NC Sharpshooter Btn
      CSS Chicora Landing party
      15th NJ Infantry

Comment

I have uploaded three pictures of the sabbard.Hopefully,this will help some.
        Attached Files
        Cullen Smith
        South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
        X