X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82nd Illinois Infantry

Hello All,

Happy New Year! As I see it, Gettysburg is not that far off and I'm planning accordingly. I was thinking of doing an 82nd Illinois Infantry Impression for the 'Big One" and need some help.

Would anyone have some info about the Uniform is use by the 82nd at Gettysburg? Photos would be great, but written accounts are just as helpful.

Also, I would like to open this up for discussion or at the very least comment.

I appreciate the participation and look forward to all replies.

Cheers.

Michael Collins
    Michael S. Collins

15th Tenn. Vol. Inf. Co "G"
    Robert L. Miller Award Recipient No.26 May, 2003

"Trust in God and Fear Nothing."
    - Brig. General Lewis Addison Armistead

Re: 82nd Illinois Infantry

Hello,
    a little bit off but are you talking about 2013? Many men of the German Mess want to come over for that event and we wonder if there will be any progressive US inf. groups there we could join. We ill probably be 10-20 men.
    Jan H.Berger
    Hornist

German Mess
    http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

Gutenmorgen Jan.

Ja beziehe mich ich auf 2013. Ich bin nicht Teil einer Maßeinheit. Jedoch betrachte ich ein oder verbinde ein. Ich würde glücklich sein, mit Ihnen und Ihren Kameraden teilzunehmen, wenn Sie nach Amerika für das Ereignis kommen.

Würden Sie irgendwelche Informationen über die zu teilen haben 82.? Ich schaue vorwärts zu Ihrer Antwort.

Respektvoll,

Michael Collins

Good Morning Jan.

Yes, I am referring to 2013. I am not part of a Unit. However, I am considering one or joining one. I would be happy to participate with you and your comrades if you come to America for the event.

Would you have any information about the 82nd to share?

I look forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Michael Collins
      Michael S. Collins

15th Tenn. Vol. Inf. Co "G"
      Robert L. Miller Award Recipient No.26 May, 2003

"Trust in God and Fear Nothing."
      - Brig. General Lewis Addison Armistead

Comment

Michael,

I think an 11th corps unit would be a very neat impression, especially if you can get some of the Deutschlanders interested in participating, they are a good group of guys!
        Dan Wambaugh
        Wambaugh, White, & Company
        www.wwandcompany.com
        517-303-3609
        Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

Just one man's opinion but...And, I do appreciate you interest in some historical information concerning this regiment at an actual battle. What sense does dressing up and showing up by yourself make?(that's the way I read yur first post). Nice German by the way. So is this "mainstream" event even have a scenerio on their adgenda where the 82nd participated. I'm sure there won't be anything that resembels Gettysburg, besides numbers. But hey, give it a shot. And good luck.
          [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
          Past President Potomac Legion
          Long time member Columbia Rifles
          Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

This discussion is better suited to that other national forum which recently came back online.
            Silas Tackitt,
            one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
            X