Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need palmetto leaves!! All you South Carolinians SECESSIONISTS RESPOND!! For cockades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need palmetto leaves!! All you South Carolinians SECESSIONISTS RESPOND!! For cockades

Hello-- research says that in november of 1860-- red white and blue cockades with bits of palmetto leaf were seen on the streets of charleston and columbia sc.-- the dark blue cockades were worn by the minute men and later by every one else. I need some palmetto leaves to weave into or on these cockades-- will pay for any shipping-- I KNOW-- IF YOU SEND ME SOME PALMETTO LEAVES I WILL MAKE YOU A SECESSION COCKADE FOR FREE!! AND THESE ARE NICE COCKADES!!!! ALL HANDSEWN AND SILK- IT TAKES THREE PEOPLE OVER TWO HOURS TO MAKE ONE COCKADE.

tom arliskas
    csuniforms
    Tom Arliskas

Re: I need palmetto leaves!! All you South Carolinians SECESSIONISTS RESPOND!! For cockades

Sigh.

Sure wish we'd known this last Friday when there were a couple hundred of us AT the great palmetto log Fort, waiting for the boats to Sumter.....

:cry_smile
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
    Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Re: I need palmetto leaves!! All you South Carolinians SECESSIONISTS RESPOND!! For cockades

Palmetto trees? What do they look like?
      Gregory Deese
      Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
      "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

A google search on "Sabal Palmetto" will reveal the correct tree. I have them in my yard. We also have "Saw Palmettos" but I believe they are not the SC state palmetto.
        Mark G. Lewis

Formerly with the "State's Rights Guard" & the 10th Texas @ Pickett's Mill

"I was told that even if a regiment was clothed in proper uniform by the Government, it would be parti-colored again in a week, as the soldiers preferred wearing the coarse home-spun jackets and trousers made by their mothers and sisters at home. The Generals very wisely allow them to please themselves in this respect"~Freemantle~

Comment

Originally posted by SCTiger View Post
          Palmetto trees? What do they look like?
          Ok, that made me laugh.
          Mike Schramm

Just another FARB trying to get better.

Comment

Working...
          X