• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweeney Museum at Wilson's Creek to close

Not good.

Chris Talburt

Re: Sweeney Museum at Wilson's Creek to close

While I agree that this is not good, at least a new building will be built. I'm afraid museums such as this one will be closing more and more. Hopefully the 150th anniversaries will spark an intrest in this time period and visitors will flock to these national treasures of ours.
    Respectfully,

Terence Vierling

Comment

That is a great museum - worth the stop this summer.

I will be curious to see what the new museum looks like and how much stuff will make it back out on display. I was disapointed when I went through the new Gettysburg Visitor's Center. Then there was the time I went through Valley Forge looking for the George Neuman collection. I finally ran into a ranger who knew what I was talking about. He got this funny look and said they only put a little of that collection out on display...
      George Susat
      Confederate Guard

Comment

Hopefully the new museum will be larger than the old. There is so much that they currently do not have on display.

Chris Talburt

Comment

As an NPS employee, I can tell you guys (based upon previous and current NPS practices) not to get your hopes up. I bet there will be less on display in the future than what is on display now. You'd better see it all now.
          Nic Clark
          2017 - 24 years in the hobby
          Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

Might be an incentive to come join our adjunct battalion at the 150th. You'll also have an opportunity to see this great collection before it disappears into the storage vaults. It's a shame too; it is a great collection. I know I'm going to take some time to get a really close last look at it while I'm there for the event.
            Michael Comer
            one of the moderator guys

Comment

Working...
            X