Bermuda National Trust Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermuda National Trust Museum

Has anyone ever visited the Bermuda National Trust Museum? Seems to have some heated feedback on the homepage, but I am curious about what they display in regards to the Blockade Runners and if it is worth a visit.

Museum in St George exploring the role Bermuda played in the American Civil War. Includes details of the Rogues and Runners exhibit, opening times, and map.

Kindest Regards,
    [FONT="Georgia"][I]Marc Averill[/I]
    Dirigo Grays
    CWT[/FONT]

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Time sets all things right. Error lives but a day. Truth is eternal." [/COLOR][/I]
    Lt. General James Longstreet

Re: Bermuda National Trust Museum

Marc,

Yes, I have been to the museum twice. It is really something to see. I was amazed that way out in the middle of the Atlantic was such a fine museum. Lots about the blockade runners but one of the most memorable things is that they have one of only two remaining stamps of the official seal of the Confederacy that was used to stamp in items that was coming into the CS from Europe. When I was there, they would actually take a thin piece of tin foil, stamp the impression into it and you were able to take it home with you. I have mine upstairs along with my relics.

If you're on the island, it is definitely worth the visit!

Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Working...
    X