I Pad image problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Pad image problems

A friend has found a neat image, which I now have a good copy on my IPod, stored under my PHOTO icon. I would like to share this image on this forum, but cannot, no URL. I can send the image to an e-mail address, but cannot get on to this forum. Any suggestions?
    Steve Sullivan

Re: I Pad image problems

Does this work?

In the regular reply (not the quick reply) click on "manage attachments" down at the bottom in the "additional options" box and when the pop-up window shows up, click on "add files." There you can upload files from your computer. If you click on "select files," it'll give you a menu of files on your computer, and you navigate to the one you want. No URL is necessary, since it's pulling the file right off your computer, so it doesn't need to be online.

Hank Trent
    hanktrent@gmail.com
    Hank Trent

Comment

Mr. Trent,
      Thank you for this, but fear I am still unable to post. I can get to"up load files from your computer", but the box marked "choose file" is not highlighted and does not work. I also do not see "additional options".
      If I can send the image I wish to post to an e-mail address of a forum member this may yet work. I just seem unable to get this done.
      Steve Sullivan
      Lost in cyberspace

Comment

I'm stumped, then. :(

Hank Trent
        hanktrent@gmail.com
        Hank Trent

Comment

Steve emailed me the picture. I right clicked on it in email, used "save as" to save it to "my pictures," and attached it below.

Hank Trent
          hanktrent@gmail.com
          Hank Trent

Comment

My but that looks.nice, finally. Thank you for your patience.
            Steve Sullivan

Comment

Wedding (?) ring on right hand? I know that in Russia and Eastern Europe, this was popular in the first half of the 20th c., but wasn't sure about here.
              In any event, great image, and thanks for sharing it Steve, and thanks Hank for helping us to see it.
              Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
              Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
              Former Mudsill
              Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

The image was bought near Bloomington, Illinois, and came with no history. As for the wedding ring, the image is reversed.
                Steve Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by rogue View Post
                  The image was bought near Bloomington, Illinois, and came with no history. As for the wedding ring, the image is reversed.
                  Steve Sullivan
                  I know, that's why I was wondering about it being on his right hand.
                  Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
                  Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
                  Former Mudsill
                  Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

He possibly switched the ring onto his right hand because he knew the image would be reversed.
                    Luke Gilly
                    Breckinridge Greys
                    Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

That's a neat image..

What kind of pistol/"sawed off" weapon is that?

Also see his hat is made by Under Armour haha (the 'H' looks just like the UA logo)
                      Aron Price
                      AG

Comment

The weapon is a Austrian carbine, full sized, not cut down. I do not have my resources at hand but believe it is a model 1842 something or other. Curt.H S please chime in. Somewhere in my lost notes is a citation that John C. Fremont imported many of these little carbines during the beginning of the conflict. May be a Federal image.
                        Steve Sullivan

Comment

Mr. Sullivan,

The carbine in the photograph is a Muster 1851 Austro-Hungarian Army cavalry carbine. 10,000 of them were purchased by the Federals. Most were issued to western troops.

There are indications that some M1851s were also imported into the Confederacy.

Although somewhat flawed, the article "The Austrian M1851 Carbine," North South Trader's Civil War, Vol. 35, # 4, 2011, is an interesting treatment of the subject.

Regards,
                          Don Dixon

Comment

Working...
                          X