X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reenactorism....?

Folks,

This past week our company fell in to participate in one of the region's mainstream events. After Saturday afternoon's battle our campaigner company formed up for safety checks (the part where they have us all prime and burn a cap) after which one of the Colonels (of which there were many) called out "Alibi's!". We've been hearing this nonsense for years, but we started asking each other where this reenactorism comes from. Any ideas?

-Sam Dolan
    Samuel K. Dolan
    1st Texas Infantry
    SUVCW

Re: Reenactorism....?

Modern day US Army term from shooting for qualification on the range so far as I know. I first heard it when I was at the Infantry School at Fort Benning in the late 80's. Most definitely NOT a period term.

HTH, FWIW, etc.
    Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
    Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
    Former Mudsill
    Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

That's exactly what that is Warren! Our response at Paris Island was to be "This Recruit has no Live Rounds or Brass to Report at this time!" Lord help you if you had a round on you as they ran the metal detectors over you! Lol, Good times!!
      [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="5"]Eric Davis
      Handsome Company Mess
      Liberty Hall Drum Corps [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

You guys are giving me flashbacks to the 70's. "No brass,no ammo, Drill Sergeant!!"
        Ron Moen
        Co.A, First Texas Infantry (Retired)
        CWPT
        E Clampus Vitus

Comment

Well boys, let's lock this up. It is about modern lingo and the question has been asked and answered.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

Working...
          X