Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Book Coming Out-"Baptism of Fire the 44th Missouri, 175th and 183rd Ohio at the Battle of Franklin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book Coming Out-"Baptism of Fire the 44th Missouri, 175th and 183rd Ohio at the Battle of Franklin"

Just wanted to give those of you who were at the Franklin Living History back in 2010 a heads up that Eric Jacobson's new book will be out sometime in late September/Early October. Information should change some opinions of the actions in and around the Carter House back yard. I'll post an Amazon link or a Link to the Battle of Franklin Trust (Carnton and The Carter House) website when online ordering becomes available.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: New Book Coming Out-"Baptism of Fire the 44th Missouri, 175th and 183rd Ohio at the Battle of Franklin"

That is great news Pat. Eric's "For Cause and For Country" was one of the better narratives regarding Franklin that I've read. IMO it is a notch above Sword's "Confederacy's Last Hurrah."
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

Re: New Book Coming Out-"Baptism of Fire the 44th Missouri, 175th and 183rd Ohio at the Battle of Franklin"

Great news Patrick. I know one new, young campaigner who will probably gobble it up. ;)
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Ordering information on the new book was posted. I've skimmed through it, and it really is a really well researched piece of work. It lists the casualties in the back, as well as the information of the ones that survived and what they did after the war. Haven't seen that before.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Picked up my copy of the book today and have only just cracked the cover. Looking forward to this read and I recommend everyone grab a copy!
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Working...
          X