Civilian shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian shoes?

Is there a supplier of period-correct civilian shoes and work-boots out there? I am doing civilian impressions from time to time and am having to use brogans but would like some period work boots for a yeoman farmer imression and maybe some semi-dress shoes.

Re: Civilian shoes?

Todd -

Check out Missouri Boot and Shoe Company. They probably have what you're looking for. The "Don" or the "CV-5" are good working class boots. I'm not sure what you mean for semi-dress, but their tab shoes are first rate....

Hope that helps.

Rich
    Rich Libicer
    Fugi's Brown Water Mess

6th North Carolina - 150th First Manassas, July 2011
    4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Valverde, February 2012
    6th Mississippi Adjunct - 150th Shiloh, April 2012
    4th Texas Dismounted, Co. C - 150th Glorieta Pass, May 2012
    21st Arkansas Adjunct - 150th Prairie Grove, December 2012
    5th Confederate, Co. C - 150th Chickamauga, September 2013
    Haitus...... Until Now

Comment

Todd,
      Long ago and far away Robert S. kept me in correct boots and shoes for my living history impression when I was doing ag museum work. I've still got a pair of shoes he copied, and is illustrated in a George Caleb Bingham painting.
      Warren Dickinson

Currently a History Hippy at South Union Shaker Village
      Member of the original Pickett's Mill Interpretive Volunteer Staff & Co. D, 17th Ky Vol. Inf
      Former Mudsill
      Co-Creator of the States Rights Guard in '92

Comment

Robert Land is one of the most recommended by folks who do civilian.
        shoes: http://www.robertlandhistoricshoes.c...ees%3Acivilian
        boots: "enlisted men's" are a civilian acceptable style: http://www.robertlandhistoricshoes.c...+Men%27s+Boots

remember that civilian wear matches military wear in that boots and horses go together, bootees and walking go together... reserve your boots for farm work, traveling on horseback, and like tasks... shoes or bootees for everything else.
        -Elaine "Ivy Wolf" Kessinger

Comment

Thanks! I knew there had to be someone making them but was just hitting all around the target and never nailing it.

Comment

Todd,

I will echo Rich's endorsement of Missouri Boot and Shoe. I bought a pair of their Donelson Boots about a year ago and they are spot on to what I needed for a good civy work boot and are very well made and comfortable.

regards,
            Mark
            J. Mark Choate
            7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

go with robert serio. I bought a pair of cvkmo's from him about a year ago and they are great :)
              Your most humble and obedient servant,
              Erik W Creekmore,
              2nd Col Vol Inf.

Sgt Major, Territorial Battalion.

Comment

After a quick glance at the suppliers mentioned above, I noticed that all of the shoes were black, except the un-dyed models. Does anyone know if shoes were popular in other colors? Poles liked yellow boots and Romans liked red, but during our war... brown?
                Thanks.
                Den Bolda
                Den Bolda
                5th Minnesota Inf. Co D

Comment

Working...
                X