The Lancaster Invincibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lancaster Invincibles

I am looking for any good, historical information about the Confederate unit The Lancaster Invincibles. Links, books, museums.
    [I]Mr Scott L. Moore[/I]

Re: The Lancaster Invincibles

Sir, the search tool in this forum has this previously posted thread which may help,
    Flag of Co. H, 2nd SCV, "The Lancaster Invincibles".
    Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
    Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
    Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
    www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

I highly recommend Mac Wyckoff's book 2nd South Carolina, A History of the Second South Carolina Infantry, 1861-1865.
      Adam Dintenfass

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will check out those sources.
        [I]Mr Scott L. Moore[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Regimental Colours View Post
          I highly recommend Mac Wyckoff's book 2nd South Carolina, A History of the Second South Carolina Infantry, 1861-1865.
          I just check the price on Amazon and used paperbacks are $147. Ouch
          [I]Mr Scott L. Moore[/I]

Comment

Scott:

According to the Broadfoot Publishing website:

"New♦ Wyckoff, Mac A History of the Second South Carolina Infantry: 1861-65. 651 pages,
            photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the troops in the 2nd South
            Carolina Infantry with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record.
            The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $45"

Witness the transformative power of Anavar with before and after results. Achieve an impressive physique through this remarkable bodybuilding supplement.

The original 1st edition of Wyckoff's History of the 2nd South Carolina is a hardback and very hard to find.

Here's additional information on the South Carolina Series:

THE SOUTH CAROLINA REGIMENTAL-ROSTER SET

-The next three volumes of what is hoped will be a 50 volume set on all South Carolina regiments and soldiers serving in the Civil War. Each title in this series will include a regimental history or unit sketch plus a completevand detailed roster of all the soldiers in the unit. Each soldier’s Civil War service record will be transcribed from microfilm. Additionally, for each soldier in the roster there will be, as available, prewar and postwar information generated from a wide variety of sources, including census reports, pension records, burial records, personal letters, memoirs, and newspaper articles, etc.

New ♦ Ramsey, Marc The 7th South Carolina Cavalry To the Defense of Richmond. 411 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the troops in the 7th South Carolina Cavalry with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $40

New♦ Seigler, Robert Defending Their Homes – The Role of John’s Island and the Stono Scouts in the War Between the States. 600 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the troops in the Stono Scouts with detailed information on each
            soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $45

New♦ Wyckoff, Mac A History of the Second South Carolina Infantry: 1861-65. 651 pages,photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the troops in the 2nd South Carolina Infantry with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $45

♦ Baxley, Neil No Prouder Fate: The Story of the 11th South Carolina Volunteer Infantry. 395 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed
            by a roster of the troops in the 11th South Carolina Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $40

♦ Clary, James B. A History of the 15th South Carolina Volunteer Infantry 1861-1865. 602 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the troops in the 15th South Carolina Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $45

♦ Davis, Sam B. A History of the 3rd South Carolina Volunteer Infantry Battalion (James Battalion): 1861-1865. 549 pages, photos, illustrations, index. The unit sketch is followed by a roster of the troops in the 3rd South Carolina Battalion Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $40

♦ Krick, Robert K. The 14th South Carolina Infantry Regiment, of the Gregg- McGowan Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia. 311 pages, photos, maps, illustrations. The unit sketch is followed by a roster of the 1560 troops in the 14th South Carolina Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $35

♦ Sturkey, O. Lee. A History of the Hampton Legion Infantry. 907 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit sketch is followed by a 366 page roster of the 2019 troops in the Hampton Legion Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is by company and is indexed for easy use.$45

♦ Wadsworth, Mike. A History of the 13th South Carolina Infantry. 333 pages, photos, maps, illustrations. The unit sketch is followed by a roster of the 1473 troops in the 13th South Carolina Infantry, with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $35

♦ Wyckoff, Mac. A History of the 3rd South Carolina Infantry Regiment: Lee’s Reliables. 479 pages, photos, maps, illustrations, index. The unit history is followed by a roster of the 1757 troops in the 3rd South Carolina Infantry Regiment with detailed information on each soldier, including a transcription of his service record. The roster is alphabetical for easy use. $40
            Adam Dintenfass

Comment

Thanks. This is some really excellent info. The reason I ask about the Lancaster Invincibles is that I learned that my great, great grandfather, Thomas Lake Moore, fought with them.
              [I]Mr Scott L. Moore[/I]

Comment

When I get home I will pull out my book, "Lancaster County Confederates" which has their roster and newspaper articles. I had a ggg grandfather and several uncles in the unit. They arrived on Morris Island during the Firing on Fort Sumter.

Claude Sinclair
                Lancaster, SC
                Claude Sinclair
                Palmetto Battalion

Comment

Originally posted by Clsinclair View Post
                  When I get home I will pull out my book, "Lancaster County Confederates" which has their roster and newspaper articles. I had a ggg grandfather and several uncles in the unit. They arrived on Morris Island during the Firing on Fort Sumter.

Claude Sinclair
                  Lancaster, SC
                  Thanks mucho!
                  [I]Mr Scott L. Moore[/I]

Comment

Sir, this book titled "History of Kershaw's Brigade, by D. Augustus Dickert, tells of the merging of the Second, Third, Seventh, Eighth, Fifteenth, and Twentieth regiments and the Third Battalion of Second South Carolina Volunteer Infantry into brigade under the command of General Joseph Brevard Kershaw, McLaws' Division, Longstreet's Corps, Lee's Army of Northern Virginia.
                    Perhaps this authors memories will bring you more in touch to the man.., your gggrandfather.
                    Mel Hadden, Husband to Julia Marie, Maternal Great Granddaughter of
                    Eben Lowder, Corporal, Co. H 14th Regiment N.C. Troops (4th Regiment N.C. Volunteers, Co. H, The Stanly Marksmen) Mustered in May 5, 1861, captured April 9, 1865.
                    Paternal Great Granddaughter of James T. Martin, Private, Co. I, 6th North Carolina Infantry Regiment Senior Reserves, (76th Regiment N.C. Troops)

"Aeterna Numiniet Patriae Asto"

CWPT
                    www.civilwar.org.

"We got rules here!"

The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies

Battles and Leaders of the Civil War: Being for the most part contributations by Union and Confederate officers

Comment

Working...
                    X