Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profound thanks to Curt Schmidt

Folks,

In my life I have been the fortunate recipient of advice and guidance from a number of mentors. Men and women who have put up with my inane babbling and endless questions, and interjected knowledge into the conversation while I was catching my breath.

One of the gentlemen with whom I have been fortunate enough to be acquainted with is Curt Schmidt. Over the last several months he has selflessly assisted me in my quest to improve my reproduction rifles and muskets. No question went unanswered, not even the ones I asked twice. In just the last six weeks, Curt has typed 3,611 words (exact count) to me in private messages alone, to say nothing of the advice and guidance he has made public on this forum.

As always, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Curt's guidance here is my latest achievement: a black walnut 1861 Springfield rifle-musket stock stained using Curt's recipe, varnished with Curt's recipe. The end result was superb, and truthfully easy to achieve.

I originally thought about sending this note to Curt directly, but then thought it would serve much better to make a public thanks (and of course, to boast a little about my latest project.)

Thank you Curt, for all that you do.

Your Friend,
    Dan Wambaugh
    Wambaugh, White, & Company
    www.wwandcompany.com
    517-303-3609
    Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Re: Profound thanks to Curt Schmidt

Dan,
    Well said !
    Steve Sullivan

Comment

Re: Profound thanks to Curt Schmidt

I fully agree, Dan. Curt has been a most generous help in sharing the details about making things properly.

Nice work on your part, too, Dan.

With much appreciation,
      Kathy
      Last edited by KathyBradford; 11-01-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X