Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testshooting Pedersoli's new 1861 Springfield rifle musket vs an original Bridesburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testshooting Pedersoli's new 1861 Springfield rifle musket vs an original Bridesburg

Please support us at: https://www.patreon.com/capandballFirst item of the civil war rifle musket line launched in 2011. 50m and 100m shooting.

This is only the Pedersoli test fire. The original Bridesburg is in Part 2 but I can't find that one posted.
    Last edited by Michael Comer; 11-09-2011, 11:27 AM.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Testshooting Pedersoli's new 1861 Springfield rifle musket vs an original Bridesburg

I'm told it's still way too heavy.
    Frank Perkin

Comment

Re: Testshooting Pedersoli's new 1861 Springfield rifle musket vs an original Bridesburg

Originally posted by unclefrank View Post
      I'm told it's still way too heavy.
      The rifle or the bullet?
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Well - it shouldn't have a rammer spring....the tang of the barrel seems too straight - the wrist of the stock not properly shaped - the buttplate isnt the right shape - i.e. the tang is too flat, the fold at the top too sharp, the contour and angle wrong - too much 'belly" between the trigger guard and lower barrel band...it seems no better than a Euroarms.
        David Stone

Comment

Originally posted by fahnenschmied View Post
          it seems no better than a Euroarms.
          Except it'll most likely be double the cost of a Euroarms
          Kenny Pavia
          24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

I've tried posting this a couple times; hopefully it works now. Test of 64 Bridesburg vs 55 Jaegerstuetzen Lorenz.

Please support us at: https://www.patreon.com/capandballTesting the original service cartridges simulating a 100 m impact.

The impact of the bullets on the ballistics gel gave me some pause; I sometimes fail to remember that the lovely 1842 Springfield on my wall could inflict some terrible damage.

Alexander Vasquez
            Co. C, 15 IA

Comment

Working...
            X