Source for Rubber Blankets???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Rubber Blankets???

Sorry to put this here Mods, but was afraid it would bleed to death in the WTB forum.....

With Shiloh coming, and March/April ushering in the unpredictable cold/rainy season at the time of this event a rubber gum blanket is necessary. Mine sadly, after Backwaters or BTB, has become 'black balsa wood' which is a real drag since it was an NJ....something or other.....

I have already looked and see no listing on Jarnigan (which bothers me anyway) and SS sutler has been out for a long while...... I don't read German so don't know what he has or costs..... This item seems to be needed quite often due to low resiliency, etc. I am admittedly a bit anal and seek to lock these things down months ahead of time, but sure this will aid others in the coming months. Does anyone know of a source, with an inventory, of correct rubber blankets?????

If you have a known source with inventory please post..... if there is a supplier out there reading this what a great bully buy to contact the big bugs.........if you personally have a CORRECT one to sell you will stake your reputation on, please contact me privately.

Just seeing a need based on the posts in the WTB folder and personally will buy another NJS if available or there is not an accurate alternative...

Thanks all...........hope this helps others...
    Jay Stevens
    Tater Mess
    Independent Volunteers
    Iron Man Mess
    Reenactor Preservation Coalition
    Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
    Lost Tribes, October 2009
    Bummers, November 2009
    Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
    The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
    In the Van, August 2010
    Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Re: Source for Rubber Blankets???

Jay,
    Check out Jan Berger's Christmas Sale thread: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...rubber-ponchos. Hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Jon Bocek

~ The Dandy Man Mess / WA / VLH / LR ~

Comment

Yes Jay. Altough I had limited it till the 20th I will happily offer you another one for the same conditions. The total incl. shipping will be 72 Euro paid via Paypal which is ca. 95$.
      I also offer two versions of ponchos. Just have a look at the thread Jon has mentioned.
      In case you have a question to any of my products just shoot me an email yand you get a detailed response in English. That damn PC scallywag is stil owing my the English version of my HP!
      Jan H.Berger
      Hornist

German Mess
      http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

I received my poncho from Jan today and it is BY FAR the best repro.of period india rubber goods that I have ever seen. The material is very lightweight, the neck hole is assembled correctly,the grommets are correctly sized and the Goodyear stamp is spot on. Anyone wanting a good waterproof would be well served to order from Jan.

Adam Dickerson
        Adam Dickerson

Comment

Thank you Adam!, to all who have ordered a gum blanket form me: Due to Christmas the mail is slower than usual so 3 weeks+ have to be expected for shipping.
          Jan H.Berger
          Hornist

German Mess
          http://germanmess.de/

www.lederarsenal.com

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein, nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."( Friedrich Schiller)

Comment

I received my new gum blanket from Jan on Christmas Eve just in time for my wife to give it to me for Christmas. It is an excellent authentic reproducion at a great price and I am very pleased. Thanks Jan!

-Bill Bamann
            Bill Bamann
            Columbia Rifles
            Co H, 2nd Mississippi at the 150th 1st Manassas
            Co F, 15th Iowa at 150th Shiloh

Comment

Working...
            X