How do you like your food???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you like your food???

I thought that I would start a thread so that everyone could share their favorite recipe or technique for cooking at events. These could be either based off of the items found in the daily ration or other foodstuff that is “found or foraged”, for you Bummers out there. Please include the items use, how they were prepared, how they were cooked and if they came from a Northern or Southern cook fire.
    Andy Miller
    Co. A, 1st Minn.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Gen. Robert E. Lee

Re: How do you like your food???

Instead of reinventing the wheel, here's a link to the most comprehensive thread about rations on this forum : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...?13288-Rations There are more than a thousand posts about darned near everything involving food.

This thread is a patchwork quilt of different discussions about food and was stitched together by The Chawls several years ago. I both love this particular thread for its inclusiveness, but loathe it for its cumbersomeness. There's no clear line of demarcation from one discussion to another. It just jumps randomly without any real structure. For example, one set of comments will be about salt pork, then the next are about cornmeal, then about mess utensils, then about packaging and et cetera. Then it might repeat an earlier topic. There are a few discussions about coffee including my not very secret method of cooking coffee which I copied directly from the Starbucks instruction manual. Lots of great stuff here, but the darned thing needs an index.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
    X