Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Sharps lock

Hallo!

Whom among you emailed or PM'd me a while back asking about a Garrett Sharps lock?
    I ended up deleting it while house cleaning a while back, and wanted to give that lad first dibs before I put it up for WTS.

From Janaury 2010:

Hallo!

WTS: Reproduction NM1859 or NM1863 Sharps lock by "Garrett," with two lockplate screws.

This is a chance to improve your Sharps carbine or rifle with a a lock that has a functional Lawrence pellet primer mechanism as per the originals.

It does NOT have a mainspring and a repro one would have to be added. The previous owner took off the mainspring to build up a original lock with it.
    I do not know what repro Sharps mainsprings will fit as I never tried, but suspect Shiloh Sharps. I would take or send the lock to have one fitted.

Also, Garrett locks were a drop-in fit for the old repro Sile Sharps, but I do not know about today's repro's so some fitting or cosmetic work may possibly be needed.

$175.00, postage paid.

Money orders only, please.

Curt
    Last edited by Curt Schmidt; 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM.
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.
Working...
X