This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGC Extreme Reenactors

I am curious if anyone watch this show last night on the NGC, and I was wondering if anyone knows the reenactor that was featured in the last 15 minutes of the program. I only caught the last 15 min of the program, so he might have been in the program for longer. He was a former Marine and was visiting the grave of fellow Marine that was killed I think Iraq. I think the show flashed that he was visiting the cemetary in FL, but I am not sure. He does CS. I am only asking because in the next scene, he was in his house and he pulled down a picture of his ancestor and was talking about paying tribute to his ancestor. I am curious because the picture he pulled down looked very much like a picture in a book of a unit that I have studied. He didn't mention his ancestors name or which unit he was in, so I was wondering if anyone knew the reenactor and maybe how to contact him. I don't want to start this post for people to chime in on the program. I just wondered if anyone knew the reenactor.
    Rob Bruno
    1st MD Cav
    http://1stmarylandcavalry.com

Re: NGC Extreme Reenactors

I caught the eposide. Could check on the NGC website to see about the program and the people they used.
    Bill Jordan

“I ended the war a horse ahead.”
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Comment

Zack Forsythe- is who you're looking for.

Others:
      Art Stone
      Billy Birney
      Travis Brooks (the youngster)
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]"Grumpy" Dave Towsen
      Past President Potomac Legion
      Long time member Columbia Rifles
      Who will care for Mother now?[/FONT]

Comment

Bill,
        That could be him because the picture and ancestor I have research is William Henry Forsythe! Do you have any contact info that you could PM?
        Rob Bruno
        1st MD Cav

Comment

He's generally found with the Liberty Rifles. And, he's on Face Book.

Comment

Thanks Dave,
            I will try both.
            Rob Bruno
            1st MD Cav

Comment

So, you think you two may be related?
              What are the odds on that photo showing up two places like it did?

Comment

No,
                I am not related, but William Henry Forsyth grew up and is buried about 5 minutes from where I live and grew up. He rode in the 1st MD Cavalry which is the unit I portray and mainly research. I have had several descendents contact us through our website and actually had a direct descendent ride with us for a number of years. It is always cool to touch base with someone connected to a troooper from the 1st MD
                Rob Bruno
                1st MD Cav

Comment

I saw the show as well and was able to pick some guys from my unit during the 150th Manassas last summer. I also saw a lot of WIG guys too (I THINK it was Johnny Lloyd and his company (red battle shirts w/ black tricorns)).

My .02
                  Robert F. Wallace
                  38th NCT (River Rat Mess)
                  North State Rifles

"Do your duty in all things...for you can do no more and should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bruno
                    ... so I was wondering if anyone knew the reenactor and maybe how to contact him. I don't want to start this post for people to chime in on the program. I just wondered if anyone knew the reenactor.
                    Mr. Bruno's very narrow question about the identity of someone in the documentary is fair game for the forum. However, it is a long standing policy of the forum that general comments and statements about TV, movies, documentaries and the like are not fair game.

Thank you, Mr. Bruno, for asking such a narrow question and trying to keep discussion narrow.
                    Silas Tackitt,
                    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Silas,
                      Looks like I have my answer thanks to a couple members, so to prevent any comments about the show, feel free to close the thread.
                      Thanks
                      Rob Bruno
                      1st MD Cav

Comment

Before you lock down this thread, I want to call Silas out! "Thank you, Mr. Bruno, for asking such a narrow question and trying to keep discussion narrow."

It is so nice to see a moderator use positive reinforcement and catch us rank and file being good. There is often too much negativity on these forums... it is simply refreshing to see this. Thanks Silas!
                        Brad Ireland
                        Old Line Mess
                        4th VA CO. A
                        SWB

Comment

Working...
                        X