Homespun (Jean Wool) Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homespun (Jean Wool) Trousers

Hi all, I know this is a stupid question and have looked for possible answers already on this forum for this question but can not find anything. I was wondering if any of you would mind giving me your opinions on where to get a nice pair of good quality jean wool trousers. I know their are approved vendors on this site but would like to get the opinions of the people. Thanks and much appreciated.

Re: Homespun (Jean Wool) Trousers

Hello Elijah! Welcome to the forum. As a rule, we avoid asking or addressing the "who makes the best" questions. What you will find is that folks that frequent this forum base the "best" on items that most closly represent the original being reproduced. So you see, by those standards, "who makes the best..." actually becomes a very complicated question.
    Several vendors out there make a great pair of trousers. My suggestion to you would be to research the particular impression you are trying to create. See if you can turn up a picture (the Library of Congress is a great place to start) of the particular unit. After some time, if no information is available, you may decide to go as generic/common as possible. In that case I would recommend viewing as many vendors' work as possible. I know this is very hard to do but you'd be surpised the variety you can find at an event.
    You can't go wrong with any of the approved vendor's on this forum. What you will find is that the usually all have their specialties. There are also some great vendors that are not on the list. When you decide to start selecting a vendor, let them know exactly what you are looking for. Ask questions like, "who is making the fabric that you use?" and "Is there a particular original pair that you are copying?" Make sure the second question doesn't "date" your impression to a period that is not of use to you. I think you will find that there are several options out there for jean wool trousers that will do for numerous impressions. You just need to do a little homework and then get in touch with some makers until you find one that best suits your needs. If I can be of any help, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm in no way an expert...but I'll be glad to help if I can.
    Luke Gilly
    Breckinridge Greys
    Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Re: Homespun (Jean Wool) Trousers

Alright great. Note taken. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X