Support Your Local Cannon-Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Support Your Local Cannon-Photos

Anybody else come up with photos of local cannons? Bob Johnson, I thought you'd be going up to Ft. Point to get a shot of a Rodman. Just a thought, maybe a calender featuring some of these guns could be sold to raise money for battlefield preservation..... :)
    Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.
    Nobel Grand Humbug, Al XXI,
    Chapt. 1.5 De la Guerra y Pacheco
    Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
    Topographer for: TAG '03, BGR, Spring Hill, Marmeduke's Raid, & ITPW

Comment

Originally posted by tomarch
      Anybody else come up with photos of local cannons? Bob Johnson, I thought you'd be going up to Ft. Point to get a shot of a Rodman. Just a thought, maybe a calender featuring some of these guns could be sold to raise money for battlefield preservation..... :)

Tom

I took some picts of some guns up this way, but I havnt finnished up the role yet.

I like the idea of the calender.
      Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

I found this link Joel Craig's website:

Some of the photos are of the same cannons I posted a couple months back, but some of them I did not.

Enjoy!
        Dane Utter
        Washington Guard

Comment

I think I'm going to go ahead and try to do the calender :wink_smil . Maybe it will help raising peoples' consiousness about their own cannons and prevent the kind of idoicy the frat boy's did to theirs on that other thread in the sinks.
          Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.

Comment

A calendar did you say? Awesome idea, if we could include some background on the Cannons that would be great! Feel free to use any of my pictures.

If anyone else has some cool photos, send them to Tom. How about one Confederate and One Union per month? 24 cannons?

I want to buy the first one Tom :)!!!! Please!
            Gregory Deese
            Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
            "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Greg: I'll probably try to start sometime in late June, as I will be overseas for the last half on May.
              Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.

Comment

Been awhile since I photographed any WBTS Cannons. I went to visit Mobile and Fort Gaines today. Here is the 10 inch Rifled Columbiad, near the statue of Capt. Semmes, Water St. and Government St., Mobile, Alabama
                Attached Files
                Gregory Deese
                Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Dear Sir ,
                  Do not have photos but the Harold Washington Museum in the Chicago Loop ( the main Chicago Library which used to be housed in the G.A.R. Hall ) , has two James rifles on the sixth floor ( Social Studies Dept. ) , pointing eastward above Dearborn Street .
                  all for the old flag,
                  David Corbett
                  Dave Corbett

Comment

Working...
                  X