old euroarm parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old euroarm parts

Now that Euroarms is no more - and it would seem that Pedersoli parts may not be compatible....

Where I work (A CA state historic park) has several of the Euroarms Cook and Bros. carbines. Apparently
    this takes the same sear spring as the Euroarms Enfield, EA Enfield 2 bander, etc.

But no one has them anymore (I've checked with S&S - two / three other sources).

So - question - does anyone know if another repro (or original) weapon has a sear spring that is compatible?
    John S. Harmon
    Co. K, 4th US

Re: old euroarm parts

I cannot tell you for certain, but there is a pretty good chance that a part fitting a Parker-hale or an Armi Sport might fit. I have worked on some replica muskets, Euroarms, I think, which had a PH on the bridle where they had directly copied that part from a Parker Hale. All the Italian replicas have the same silly hammer the Parker-Hale had, probably they copied the innards pretty close too. I am positive I used a Euroarms sear spring to replace a broken one on a Parker-Hale. I don't think I had to modify it to fit but I may have thinned it to lighten the pull. Thus, a Parker-hale fitting spring might work...or even one for an original. Have you checked with Winchester Sutler?
    David Stone

Comment

To Echo David's post I'd check with Winchester Sutler. I just this past week purchased an upper barrel band for a EA enfield from him. He still has a few various EA parts in stock.
      Scott Sheets
      Joliet, IL

36th Illinois
      Dirty Shirts

Comment

Maybe check with Blockade Runner: http://www.blockaderunner.com/Catalog/catpg7.htm
        One caveat: They have it on their site, but as I JUST found out last week, just because they say you can "Buy Now" doesn't mean it is in stock. They will get back to you though, letting you know this after you've placed the order. I wish I had called in my order, probably your best bet.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you make out!

Best,
        [SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Matt Mickletz[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=3][/SIZE][FONT=Garamond][COLOR="#800000"][/COLOR][I]Liberty Rifles[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

I am in a similar situation, and have resorted to fitting Armi Sport parts to a project Euroarms Enfield I'm working on. While I have not had to replace any internal/lock parts, most other parts have fit with a minimal amount of alteration.
          Mark Taylor

Comment

Have you tried David from Lodgewood? I know they have parts to fix originals and repros.
            Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
            44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

Hallo!

The initial EuroArms Enfield was essentially "cloned" off of the (British) Parker-Hale P1853(4). Plus the Italians were said to have been making some of the parts for it anyways.
              For years, some of the first generation Italian stuff had a bridle with "P-H" cast into it.

Either owing to tooling design changes, or molds wearing out and being replaced... over the years there are changes in parts significant enough NOT to fit across the several versions and variations over the decades. I did nlot keep track or writed them down, but i believe there have been something like 4-5.
              And at times, Armi Sport parts can get mixed in with a vendor's box of pieces parts and intermingled.

This is generally true for most of the Italian reproductions whether pistol, rifle, or musket.

I am still looking for a couple of mainsprings that will fit and work on the "1st Generation" Enfields of the 1980's which those of the 1990's and 2000's may not.

At any rate, because of this, lock parts can be a crap shoot. Bill Osbourne at Lodgewood used to advise meeting up with him at a CW show with lock in hand, and he would "trial and error" a fit from his inventory of parts past and current.
              Or, sending it in.

Curt
              Curt Schmidt
              In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
              -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
              -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
              -Vastly Ignorant
              -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

We did try Winchester, Zimmerman, & S&S - No luck - specifically for the sear spring (other parts yes). I don't think we checked Lodgewood (who does actually list them - have to verify in-stock availability).
                If LW is out we'll look into the P-H possibilities.

Thanks for all who provided input.
                John S. Harmon
                Co. K, 4th US

Comment

John,
                  You may want to check with Terry Kirkpatrick. He has a remarkable collection of original parts and has reproduced many hard to find items in recent years. I call Terry and his resources, the hidden supplier for folks like, S&S, Osbourne, and Zimmerman. He can be found at most NSSA events or National Gun Shows. vagunparts@verizon.net.

Good luck
                  George Taggart
                  George Taggart

Comment

Don't know if, or who, this might help, but a N-SSA post indicates "Norman Clark Gunsmiths", Rugby, England, has an array of genuine Parker Hale replica parts.
                    David Fox

Comment

Lodgewood still has a ton of parts in stock and available. They even have custom CNC machined drop in parts for EOA enfields.

Comment

Working...
                      X